| FTBL Thoughts on the Game

@50+yeartidefan its just my opinion. I hope I am wrong. We will have to play 4 quarters of solid football and it memory serves me, we have not done that this year. UGA is running a controlled offense, so we will have to make them make mistakes. On defense, they are really good and we have not been able to run the ball consisently against a solid defense. Like I said, I hope I am wrong.
Mike. U arent wrong....
What KS has is an experienced staff... ns has a lot of new parts...as we know...

But ...only Osu and bama can match talent on the field with uga...
So uga has the advantage.....from coaching...

But...uga hasnt played a single game against a QB like young...or..if they. played osu...vs their QB..... these have the advantage over uga because of QB

The romanticizing over Kiffin and Sarkisian is something to behold, and not based in reality.

Kiffin had some incredibly bad, putrid games calling and designing his offense in 2014. Go back and look at the box scores. He is a streaky playcaller. There were some absolute turds. Sarkisian couldn't manage a single first down for about 25 minutes of the 2nd half vs. Clemson, giving away a national title. Sark is having a hard time this year without 6 first round NFL draft picks. Even with the best RB in college football.

When Kiffin was focused, he was fantastic. Problem is, his focus was iffy on any given week or day. Still is and always will be. He is a smart guy though with a high football IQ, similar to how Pruitt was/is on the defensive side. He can see things on the fly that few others can in that moment. He could call a game with the best of them, when he was focused and dialed in. You just can't count on him to be dialed in.

As for Sark, he had more weapons than anyone, but the way he attacked defenses and created mismatches was a thing of beauty. I'd have to go back and look at the numbers, but we didn't have too many 3 and outs (% wise) with him running the show. People in the building have said that he did a better job preparing QB's on and off the field, than any previous OC. From what I understand though, O'Brien doesn't lack in that department either.

None of this is a knock on O'Brien... I think he's really good, he's just different. If I give Sark an A grade, O'Brien would probably be a B+. Certainly fair to say that if he had the 2020 talent, he'd get better results. Also fair to say, IMO, that he doesn't have the same level of guys in the support/analyst room that Sark had. But, I do think if all things were equal, Sark is the better overall coordinator (O'Brien is the better HC).

Back
Top Bottom