| OT Thoughts on EA College football 25?

Since it's been a few weeks since it's dropped, what are your thoughts on the game? Anything you wish would've been in the game, or improved upon?
Personally I'm a bit disappointed with it, mainly the gameplay. Its ok, but it's not where it should be at the moment. The amount of broken tackles in this game is atrocious, and it'll usually come out of nowhere as well. I'll hold the opposing running back majority of the game, and at some point the game will decide to just say "fuck you", and let them turn into a derrick Henry/Earl Campbell love child and proceed to throw 5-6 players into the dirt en route to a touchdown. Its extremely annoying.
The AI is completely useless at times as well, they'll take horrible angles to the ball and cause a bust for a touchdown. And i dont know about y'all, but I hope they get rid of the switch stick entirely in the next game, it's so incredibly frustrating because I'll be the linebacker during one of those rpo plays, and if the QB decides to throw it, it'll automatically switch me to another position..... causing me to bust the play.
And my only other gripe with this game are the amount of bugs and glitches it has. There's no excuse for this. They need to get rid of the outdated frostbite engine and use another one. But they probably never will. So these problems will probably keep occuring in other games as well.

I'll take the role as the contrarian here. Going back to "Pong," released in what...early '70's? It's a waste of time and money. I find NO appeal in video games when I weigh them against a book, or being outside. I just don't get it.

It's probably linked to my ADHD...just can't sit and do something that seems so meaningless. 🤷‍♂️

I'll take the role as the contrarian here. Going back to "Pong," released in what...early '70's? It's a waste of time and money. I find NO appeal in video games when I weigh them against a book, or being outside. I just don't get it.

It's probably linked to my ADHD...just can't sit and do something that seems so meaningless. 🤷‍♂️

...and yet you watch golf! ;):unsure:🤪

How to drive 150mph on some race track...nah, not gonna learn much there. I can't see that happening.
My oldest is a big car gamer. We sprung for him to turn laps in a C8 a few months ago. The ride along coach started giggling a bit, saying, "that's about it right there" as he swung through a nice arc with G's moving away. His coach was astonished that it was his first time on the track. It does translate to real life, as long as you're in for real life.

My oldest is a big car gamer. We sprung for him to turn laps in a C8 a few months ago. The ride along coach started giggling a bit, saying, "that's about it right there" as he swung through a nice arc with G's moving away. His coach was astonished that it was his first time on the track. It does translate to real life, as long as you're in for real life.
I used to be a huge Neckcar fan......back when Earnhardt was alive. I can remember when Dale Jr came along, he used to game (I think he still does). He stated the tracks and set ups were very helpful in the video games and he used it to prep for road courses in order to get better. Said it truly does translate and made him a better driver.

I used to be a huge Neckcar fan......back when Earnhardt was alive. I can remember when Dale Jr came along, he used to game (I think he still does). He stated the tracks and set ups were very helpful in the video games and he used it to prep for road courses in order to get better. Said it truly does translate and made him a better driver.
I am not going to be driving like that. I don't see the possibility arising. Me, walking through some battlefield shooting people? Yeah, I don't see that happening.

I realize it's a bit hypocritical. I'll read a work of fiction and enjoy the read...but, won't play a game that's fiction.

FWIW, the only game I play is a board game; chess. Everything else just bores the hell out of me. Well, there's cards...I don't tend to turn down poker games.

I was severely disappointed in the game, Maybe it’s because I feel like graphics wise. It is the exact same game. I saw a decade to go before they quit making it. Also, there are so many glitches in the commentary, I have seen multiple instances where I have the ball at the end of the game with say 30 seconds left to go I’m up by 10 and I, go to kneel the ball and the commentary says something like I can’t believe they’re throwing the ball in this instance with a lead blah blah blah just doesn’t make any sense that it’s not put together. It’s almost like they found out that they release the game, but they had to have it out by Thursday.

I think the game overall is pretty impressive. I've been playing it for a while now and I know there is lot of glitches that will be addressed through patches. I think people just need to chill out. At end of the day, it's the game. Have fun playing it. It's the best game I've seen in a while and it beats Madden by miles.

I thought it was ok overall, but trying to get the gameplay to be realistic was a challenge, even with the sliders... I may wait on an update before playing it again... I haven't played it well over a week (but I was also out of town). I had started a dynasty with Wyoming and finally turned the recruiting to auto... I know some folks enjoy that, but it is nothing more than a hassle to me... way too in depth... I want realism in the gameplay, but the off-the-field shit.

Also, they need to shore up the AI.... 3 weeks into my season, UGA was 1-2 and Bama had lost to Wisconsin by 10. LOL

I think the game overall is pretty impressive. I've been playing it for a while now and I know there is lot of glitches that will be addressed through patches. I think people just need to chill out. At end of the day, it's the game. Have fun playing it. It's the best game I've seen in a while and it beats Madden by miles.
They did a great job in some areas. And shown they can make something look good if they just put effort into it. I just wish they'd do that for the gameplay. Make it more physics based, because there's not a whole lot of that at the moment. And I think it's their engine they're using, it's been a mess for years, but they won't switch it.

I thought it was ok overall, but trying to get the gameplay to be realistic was a challenge, even with the sliders... I may wait on an update before playing it again... I haven't played it well over a week (but I was also out of town). I had started a dynasty with Wyoming and finally turned the recruiting to auto... I know some folks enjoy that, but it is nothing more than a hassle to me... way too in depth... I want realism in the gameplay, but the off-the-field shit.

Also, they need to shore up the AI.... 3 weeks into my season, UGA was 1-2 and Bama had lost to Wisconsin by 10. LOL
I've tried that to. It didn't feel any different. I'll keep hammering this point until they do it, or I die.... but they need to use a different engine. Stop using frostbite, it's been a mess for a while, and trying something new might revitalize the game and their company. And yeah, the AI is not where it should be. Even in game, they make some of the dumbest mistakes, and it ends up costing players.

It's fun and frustrating at the same time. You can tell it's an EA game, but they improvements based on what Madden has looked like the last decade or so.

My friends and I play three-man Ultimate Team occasionally and that's what I get more joy in than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom