| FTBL The status of Tyler Harrell

This thread is super confusing. He's hurt. Should've returned last week, but didn't. I think Saban said some people needs to learn to play through it.... He might be one of them.
1664825998378.png My take on Terry's comment was the exact opposite. I thought he was saying he would be asked to play at Louisville and he would be held out until the doctors cleared him at Bama. I was attempting to get the lowdown and his comment opened a floodgate of questions.

Last edited:
View attachment 22198 My take on Terry's comment was the exact opposite. I thought he was saying he would be asked to play at Louisville and he would be held out until the doctors cleared him at Bama.

Ha Ha, I took it another way than this, which is why I asked for clarification instead of dancing around it, ha ha. My point was that even while hurt he would be Louisville's top receiver, but at Alabama he'd be holding back the offense playing hurt compared to a full strength second team guy. More of a comment of depth and talent. I was wrong though as we're talking about mental and physical toughness, I think...

Norman has had a very busy season with foot injuries.
norm-entrance.gif

You know, there's a school of thought that suggests that all physical pain... Headache, earache, stomachache, what have you...these people say that those pains are merely physical manifestations of some deeper trauma, either psychological, emotional, or spiritual.

I would love to see some of these young guns take the spots of #7 and #11. The body language for each of 7-11 doesn't seem right. #81 is just not good and he could stay a 100 years and still be average. Then again after seeing Nick run out #19 last year for 15 games with little to no effort, I expect we will see 7-11-81 for the rest of the year.

My understanding is , if team docs clear him to play, doesn't that mean he could play without further injuring his foot? But, I don't think being cleared means his foot is back to 100% healthy. Harrell may be thinking he is more valuable and helpful to the team if both wheels have the correct amount of air. Or, is he afraid to compete for his spot?

I would love to see some of these young guns take the spots of #7 and #11. The body language for each of 7-11 doesn't seem right. #81 is just not good and he could stay a 100 years and still be average. Then again after seeing Nick run out #19 last year for 15 games with little to no effort, I expect we will see 7-11-81 for the rest of the year.
7 and 11 played like their feelings were hurt. Maybe they are feeling the heat from some of the younger receivers and know their playing time is short...

Translation; please don’t squeeze the Charmin.
Tillman (UT) is said to have had tightrope surgery recently. When he's able to make it back to the field is unknown.

A few years ago we saw a few players go through the same procedure. If you'll recall, it took Hurts a few more weeks to come back than it did others for the same procedure. All of them are different to a degree. In Jalen's case, it was the ability to play through the pain. It took a little longer.

Playing through pain. It's different for some folks, like Harrell and Hurts.

I’d rather him come back when he’s ready and not rush things.

I still can’t believe how Waddle came back for the championship game. That was a team that was dedicated to helping each other out no matter what.
Watching Waddle handle the pain on that short flip until he didn’t have to (post-play) says it all. He also had a key sideline reception 2nd half. Warrior. Those guys that play with pain have my utmost respect. Can’t say this without mentioning Lane Bearden. I wish I could find better quality video of him punting with a torn ACL. Makes me cry.

Back
Top Bottom