| FTBL The "shot" at Riley here is...mic drop, deadly, RIP...Welcome, OU.

Psh, I wouldn't take any amount of money to live in LA. Give me Oklahoma all day long. You manage the reckoning in Oklahoma. You're a target in LA.

Yeah, I've spent 0 minutes in Norman... but I've spent enough time in So. Cal to know that I would be much happier living in Oklahoma. I don't mind visiting LA, but after a few days, I want out. Zero chance I could live there and be content... even on Riley level money.

I've spent about a month in Norman and Shawnee helping a lady launch a OU website. Shula was the coach the first trip...it was the Mississippi State week.

I loved that area. I can't remember the punters name...he was on The Bachelor, I believe. I spent a few evenings hanging out as his house with other OU players.

I went back the following spring and watched five or six of their spring practices under Stoops. I was shocked at how bad their facilities were at the time. Seriously, it was like seeing a Bama team practice at Veterans Memorial Park on McFarland. Except, the turf at the park is better. Their indoor facility? It would be like practicing in Foster.

Psh, I wouldn't take any amount of money to live in LA. Give me Oklahoma all day long. You manage the reckoning in Oklahoma. You're a target in LA.
@Brandon Van de Graaff
@TerryP
@UAgrad93

Oh. I also would take ( i think) ok for la.
I was more speakingof being a celebrity and millionaire. And rubbing shoulders with that type. Not for me personally. But ..... i could definitely see.... if you were of that type ...why it would be such a positive move.... thats just me. ( and not a LR hater)

And he is in big 10....isnt that comparable to sec.... ( i know they joined later). If he was afeered....why not back to acc or big 12....

I thin he saw a glamor move. Jumped on it

@Brandon Van de Graaff
@TerryP
@UAgrad93

I was more speakingof being a celebrity and millionaire. And rubbing shoulders with that type. Not for me personally. But ..... i could definitely see.... if you were of that type ...why it would be such a positive move.... thats just me. ( and not a LR hater)

And he is in big 10....isnt that comparable to sec.... ( i know they joined later). If he was afeered....why not back to acc or big 12....

Not sure he had much input on the Big Ten move. That was a decision that took into consideration of USC looong after Riley will be gone. What kind of message does that send if he up and left at this point? He has no choice now but to face the music. His odds increased with the Playoff. Now him and James Franklin get opportunities to save their legacies, because right now both of them can't get over the hump.

@Brandon Van de Graaff
@TerryP
@UAgrad93

I have a friend that is married to the downhill skier, Peekaboo Street. He rubbed elbows with some of that crowd, but they have lived in here in Alabama since they married. He didn’t like it and she was tired of the kissing ass.

I have a friend that is married to the downhill skier, Peekaboo Street. He rubbed elbows with some of that crowd, but they have lived in here in Alabama since they married. He didn’t like it and she was tired of the kissing ass.
Its a glamor place. Just not for me or you.
I did some projects with San Dimas ( research place for FS) Went out 3-4 times.
My gosh the people. No way i could live in such...

Not sure he had much input on the Big Ten move. That was a decision that took into consideration of USC looong after Riley will be gone. What kind of message does that send if he up and left at this point? He has no choice now but to face the music. His odds increased with the Playoff. Now him and James Franklin get opportunities to save their legacies, because right now both of them can't get over the hump.
I am sure. But not a LR hater. He did well with our QB all the way tobeing HT candidate....
He probably would be an incredible OC under a Saban like HC....like LK was..
As far as a HC. Made CFPs. .....The lack of D they played was a major down fall...
But....did make CFPs. .... final 4....an accomplishment not many others have on their resume..

I am sure. But not a LR hater. He did well with our QB all the way tobeing HT candidate....
He probably would be an incredible OC under a Saban like HC....like LK was..
As far as a HC. Made CFPs. .....The lack of D they played was a major down fall...
But....did make CFPs. .... final 4....an accomplishment not many others have on their resume..
Would definitely be a really good OC/QB coach. He has proven the ability to develop QBs. He would thrive under a HC like a Saban. He made the CFP though, due to a weak league. I’m not a hater either, but I do agree with @TerryP 100%! Dude is a pussy! He ducked the SEC to avoid competition and thought he would go dominate the PAC and make a ton of money. USC jumping to Big 10 put him in the position he was looking to avoid. He didn’t want the likes of Ohio St, Michigan or Penn St on his schedule, that’s why he tried like Hell to get out of the LSwho game. 3-4 L’s this season and his seat gets super hot!

Hate is a strong word. I don't hate him, though I do think he's a pussy.

It's funny to me that he wants no part of the SEC...and yet, tries to raid the Bama staff and grab Courtney.
I don't know that. Its the narrative but i don't know him or his motives. Maybe his schedule was already packed against him. I dont know.

Wait a minute on this " ducking lsu". Who was it that wanted Bama to have msu over lsu as permanent opponent ( if we went to 3)
Already Had 2 middle of pack or lower teams. AU n TN. And didnt want a upper level as permanent???????????

Would definitely be a really good OC/QB coach. He has proven the ability to develop QBs. He would thrive under a HC like a Saban. He made the CFP though, due to a weak league. I’m not a hater either, but I do agree with @TerryP 100%! Dude is a pussy! He ducked the SEC to avoid competition and thought he would go dominate the PAC and make a ton of money. USC jumping to Big 10 put him in the position he was looking to avoid. He didn’t want the likes of Ohio St, Michigan or Penn St on his schedule, that’s why he tried like Hell to get out of the LSwho game. 3-4 L’s this season and his seat gets super hot!

He is gonna make a ton of money. Maybe that was his motive. USCw promised more than ok. .... happens all the time to HCs.

Yeah. Gonna agree on these schedules. Man o man. These conferences. Big 10 n sec. Its gonna get tough. One reason Clemson n fsu staying put makes some sense. ( i know about tv revenue). But them n others as programs and Coaches seem to have good in roads to cfps. Why would u want week after week of bama/ texas/ lsu/uga types. ACC has good traditions n good sports teams.

I don't know that. Its the narrative but i don't know him or his motives. Maybe his schedule was already packed against him. I dont know.
Yeah, I have a habit of arbitrarily making things up to post about football. 🙃

Like I've said. I have friends who cover OU that I'm contracted to for their sites. I have friends who have played for OU. I can safely say, I have a "decent pulse," on what happens in Norman.

Coincidentally, I have several who live in Austin. These are guys (and a gal) I've talked with for years about recruiting. With their addition to the conference, I'm starting to get reports from those guys as well...started more frequently about a year ago.

Going back to Riley. I do know.

I don't agree with the narrative he's great with QB's. I will agree he's great when it comes to WR routes. It's easy to have a good looking QB when you can scheme your receivers as open as he has been able to do. (Which could bring me back to Sheridan and DeBoer. It's a scheme thing.)

QBs seems to be around heisman trophys in December. Proof in pudding under LR

But great receivers are valuable for great QBs. Ask n Mac. Tua Young. They can make each other.
jalan had great receivers at bama. But. Wasnt a great QB til OK. HT candidate

I hope Coach D does. I will be ecstatic !!!

Back
Top Bottom