| OT When you look at OU and UTx are bringing to the SEC, which sports programs is each schools strongest?

TerryP

Staff
With OU it's an easy answer, right? Softball. We think of OU in terms of the fall, but the hardware in Norman is found in the softball complex.

Texas? Is it softball as well? No. They're not in OKC this season though they did finish ranked #8 in the country. Last year the final poll had Texas at #2. #13 in '21 ... #9 in 2019.

Close. (start dates listed.)

Softball- '75Gymnastics- '81
View attachment 24466View attachment 24465

Not gonna lie, I did not realize they have had such a long sustained winning program in gymnastics. I was thinking more the last twenty years when I started paying more attention to the sport. Highest rate of success has been lately, but still some good showings years back. They definitely have done well there.

Right now, OU brings in the hardware in gymnastics and softball. UT(west), at one time, was a power in college baseball. Right now, for UT, I would say they bring a pretty strong case for men's basketball. We all know about the football teams that brings in milliions of dollars.

But football strong to
Since their loss to Bama in the title game they've seen one 10 wins season. They've also had four seasons where they were below .500. It's a resume littered with seven and eight win campaigns.

Football, strong? I believe we'll see more than eight wins this year, maybe ten. But their record pales in comparison to the ladies.
Texas. Basically has entire state for viewing
Roughly 10 years ago the NYT published a study on fans, viewerships, etc. They found that Texas was split about 50/50. UTx, with 50% around the state and the other schools—Tech, TCU, and A&M—sharing the remaining half.

Since their loss to Bama in the title game they've seen one 10 wins season. They've also had four seasons where they were below .500. It's a resume littered with seven and eight win campaigns.

Football, strong? I believe we'll see more than eight wins this year, maybe ten. But their record pales in comparison to the ladies.

Roughly 10 years ago the NYT published a study on fans, viewerships, etc. They found that Texas was split about 50/50. UTx, with 50% around the state and the other schools—Tech, TCU, and A&M—sharing the remaining half.

Is Texas Golf not the answer? I haven't done the research, but know they have a solid program, win a good bit, and producing a lot of pro talent.

Is Texas Golf not the answer? I haven't done the research, but know they have a solid program, win a good bit, and producing a lot of pro talent.
I didn't think abou them when I started the thread ... the idea popped off of something Murph said. But you may be right. I haven't looked it up yet.

I can think of two national titles: one last year and then one when AJ was QB and Bama was on a title run: '12, maybe? I remember reading the bio of their coach some time back. Now that I'm thinking about it, I might have to rely on my toes to count the number of top 10 finishes his teams have had.

First. NYT Believe nothing
But if trus. 50% of Texas is still massive

Oklahoma is still one of great football dynasties. Period

May have a bumb like bama but be sure its got tradition like greatness

Unlike softball. Lol. Nobody can match ok in softball in recent times

I did the research, UT good but not great. Four NCAA titles. 1971,1972, 2012, 2022. In the SEC UF and LSU have five. Bama and UGA have two.

Shocking was Houston. Have not won since 1985 but from 1956 to 1985 they won 16! Five straight from '56-'60 and four straight from '64-'67.

Back
Top Bottom