| FTBL The over/under on the new coach's salary

Will the new coach make more than 2 mill per year at BAMA?

• Absolutely under 2 mill per year

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I

imported_porkchop

We still don't know who it will be but let's have a poll here and get some opinion.

We'll set the bar at 2 mill a year since we have names in the mix like Saban, Spurrier, and Stoops. You could see any one of these guys making more than 2 mill a year.

Conversly, it's highly unlikely that Johnson, Grobe, Nutt, Gailey, Kragthorpe and pretty much everyone else is going to see that kind of money initially. Probably more along the lines of 1.1 to 1.5 mill a year.

So what do you think? Over/Under 2 mill!?

porkchop said:
It's really hard to say.

Yeah I know. That's why I thought 2 mill (or something close to it) would be a nice number and it would make people really think.

Chop, I went with less than 2 million. In the end, I think we'll get a college coach. I just don't see an NFL guy coming here, and like you said, I don't see a Paul Johnson making more than 2 million.

I'm guessing 1.5 mil will be the going rate.

I say it'll be over 2 mil. Just take Paul Johnson, he already makes around 1.8. It'll probably take 2 mil or a little above to get him. Grobe is around 1.5 I THINK. I have no idea about Kragthorpe.

Actually Bo, that's a very good point about Johnson. He is making something like 1.75-1.8 mill a year right now at Navy, so one could only expect a raise of some kind if he comes to BAMA.

2 million plus

:) We get our man, we're going to pay him, and pay him well! Let's not insult him and offer a few dollars over his current salary just to save a few shekels. We don't want to lose him on money. Money we can get! For the right person, I say back the Brinks truck up and start unloading! :lol:

No way Bama gets a decent coach for less than two mil. That figure seems to be a bar that has been set for an up and comer with head coaching experience. Plus, any coach out there knows that Bama was willing to go two mil for Rodriguez, why should they accept less? I don't mean this as a flame, but, anything less than two mil looks like you are hiring on the cheap. If a coach comes for less, you better raise him pretty quick or you won't keep him. That's just the nature of the job today.

I say no way we land a coach for less than 2 million. We have a ton of upside here, but also there is a downside to this job. I think with the higher than usual fan pressure and the "squirlyness" of the admin. we will have to pay up.

Back
Top Bottom