| FTBL The Barn fires Receivers Coach

They scapegoated the receiver's coach, yikes. I don't see this having the affect they think it will.
When there is a crisis, some leaders have a tendency to dispense with the outsiders and only include those who have always been in their inner circle. You end up losing any outside perspective that way, and it can spell trouble. That being said, Kiesau has been right beside Williams the whole way, and is far more experienced, so there may have been either a realization that Williams was in over his head or perhaps some major friction or disagreement between the two to have Harsin make the move. Williams was seen as a play toward recruiting and a coach with local roots, so that may hurt them there, too. Keep the portal light on.

I don’t really get it… I wonder if this has something to do with issues in how he recruited than how he coached ?

Cole Cubelic said this am that from his understanding right now, it's all performance based (but he admitted that it just happened and more could come out on it). Cole has always shot straight on that stuff though. He also added re: Bo Nix, that several people informed him that after Nix was benched, he stood by himself way away from the team on the sidelines. He didn't offer any help to Finley. He said that tells him 1 of 2 things... there are no leaders on the team (especially on offense) since none of them stepped up and resolved the issue, or 2 and more worrisome, there are leaders on the team, but they just didn't want to confront him and resolve the issue. He sorta inferred it was the latter, and if so, that's a big problem (obviously).

He also added re: Bo Nix, that several people informed him that after Nix was benched, he stood by himself way away from the team on the sidelines. He didn't offer any help to Finley. He said that tells him 1 of 2 things... there are no leaders on the team (especially on offense) since none of them stepped up and resolved the issue, or 2 and more worrisome, there are leaders on the team, but they just didn't want to confront him and resolve the issue. He sorta inferred it was the latter, and if so, that's a big problem (obviously).
So, I guess the opposite of this:

1632753557685.png
or this:
1632753611109.png

He’s hiring his buddy coach from Boise!

The dude is a nomad. Seems like most everywhere he goes, the coach is fired and he moves on. He did have a brief stop at UA as on offensive analyst under Kiffin, who he lived with that season if I remember correctly.

2000Utah State (RB)
2001Utah State (WR)
2002–2005California (WR)
2006–2008Colorado (WR)
2009–2010Colorado (OC)
2011California (PGC/WR)
2012–2013Washington (OC)
2014Kansas (WR/interim OC)
2015Alabama (OA)
2016Fresno State (AHC/OC)
2016Fresno State (interim HC)
2017–2018Boise State (WR)
2019Boise State (co-OC/WR)
2020Boise State (OC/QB)

The dude is a nomad. Seems like most everywhere he goes, the coach is fired and he moves on. He did have a brief stop at UA as on offensive analyst under Kiffin, who he lived with that season if I remember correctly.

2000Utah State (RB)
2001Utah State (WR)
2002–2005California (WR)
2006–2008Colorado (WR)
2009–2010Colorado (OC)
2011California (PGC/WR)
2012–2013Washington (OC)
2014Kansas (WR/interim OC)
2015Alabama (OA)
2016Fresno State (AHC/OC)
2016Fresno State (interim HC)
2017–2018Boise State (WR)
2019Boise State (co-OC/WR)
2020Boise State (OC/QB)
With that vagabond work record, he can't be an effective recruiter. I think this bites aubrun more in recruiting than it helps them on game day.

When there is a crisis, some leaders have a tendency to dispense with the outsiders and only include those who have always been in their inner circle. You end up losing any outside perspective that way, and it can spell trouble. That being said, Kiesau has been right beside Williams the whole way, and is far more experienced, so there may have been either a realization that Williams was in over his head or perhaps some major friction or disagreement between the two to have Harsin make the move. Williams was seen as a play toward recruiting and a coach with local roots, so that may hurt them there, too. Keep the portal light on.

What I was told today, take with a grain of salt, that Williams and Harsin had a blow up about Harsin pulling a couple of his guys out of the lineup and it was the "last straw" in the relationship. I had several interactions with Williams when he was at Troy and I felt like he was a good coach but Auburn may be over his head, plus he was inheriting a really, really poor crop of receivers. Add to that the fact that those receivers were not even taught traditional route trees in the previous offense, this was probably never going to work.

Cole Cubelic said this am that from his understanding right now, it's all performance based (but he admitted that it just happened and more could come out on it). Cole has always shot straight on that stuff though. He also added re: Bo Nix, that several people informed him that after Nix was benched, he stood by himself way away from the team on the sidelines. He didn't offer any help to Finley. He said that tells him 1 of 2 things... there are no leaders on the team (especially on offense) since none of them stepped up and resolved the issue, or 2 and more worrisome, there are leaders on the team, but they just didn't want to confront him and resolve the issue. He sorta inferred it was the latter, and if so, that's a big problem (obviously).

My bosses son is on the team and that was the thing he said to me today that was noticeable to everyone there. Harsin likes to get the entire defense on the field when the defense has a timeout and does the same with the offense. When Nix was pulled he would stay on the sideline by himself during timeouts instead of being on the field with the offense.

Back
Top Bottom