| FTBL The 2008 Iron Bowl Preview!

• Thread starter CRIMSONTUSKS.COM BLOG
  • Start date
C

CRIMSONTUSKS.COM BLOG

The 2008 Iron Bowl Preview
By Greg Truelove

Alabama and Auburn renew their rivalry for the 73rd time this Saturday and once again, there is much more at stake than just bragging rights in the state of Alabama. Alabama (11-0) is riding a 12 game win streak into the newest edition of the Iron Bowl and with a win, solidifies itself with at least a BCS Bowl berth and also keeps alive its hopes for a 13th National Championship. Auburn (5-6) is looking to become bowl eligible with a 7th straight win against their cross-state rivals.

The Featured Article in the RTB.com Blog

We are all thinking the score is going to be in that area...Randy put the same numbers up you did, and I'm thinking around the same. I'm more along the 34-16 line though...

Good stuff Greg. I was thinking about picking that same score earlier this week, but then thought... "who is going to kick auburn's field goal?" That was followed by, "and how are they going to score a TD?"

They have gotten off to some fast starts in a few games this year, and that is going to be their only hope Saturday. If BAMA goes up by a couple of scores early, I just don't see them coming back and making a game of it.

This season, the Tide will avenge a 6 year skid and won’t even bother to look back and give AU the one finger it so rightfully deserves.
;tr

I hear you, T-love. Enjoyed the write up!

I do believe you are spot on with your prediction.

AU may only be down by 10 at half, but Bama will finish things off in the 4th quarter for at least a 21-point margin of victory.

Do hope I'm wrong and we're up 30-0 at halftime.

RTR!

Good stuff!

Here's a bit of Iron Bowl trivia. Out of the last 20 Iron Bowls, the winning team has been decided by 10 points or less 16 times. Only twice has the margin of victory exceded two TDs.

Here's hoping this one's an outlier!

Roll Tide!!!

Back
Top Bottom