| FTBL that might be the most blatent episode of cheating that...

I

imported_porkchop

...I've ever witnessed! :shock:

Did you guys just see the Louisville/UCONN game? Can you believe that!!!????

Louisville punts, the UCONN player runs up to field it, waves his hand in the air for the fair catch..........then takes off running after the Louisville players all stop on the play!!!!!!!!

THEY COUNT IT! THEY COUNT THE SCORE OFF OF A FAIR CATCH! OMG!!!!!! :shock: That's just blatent cheating.....by the refs, not UCONN.

Maybe it's just me, but I've never witnessed a game where a player called for a fair catch and every official in the stadium decided to watch something else and turn their head while the guy ran the fair catch in for a touchdown. That's unbelievable!

Unbeleivable! I've never seen that. Atleast not something as blatent as that before. That's like begging to be suspended and investigated. It goes way above incompetence IMHO.

I've watched the replay on Sportscenter 2X this morning and in both I could swear the Back judge comes in and spots the mark where the "fair catch" was supposed to be marked.

It's on about 12 minutes past the hour...watch the replay. I wonder, suspect, it'll be talked about this morning on Gameday.

Watched it here, too - and sat there just stunned. Even the commentators were going off about it.

And do we know why it's not reviewable? Isn't the whole point of review/replay to avoid bad calls and mistakes? ugh.

So frustrating!

WHAT! Refs cheating! Now that's absurd. How could anyone insinuate the refs would blatenly botch a call and look like bumbling idiots. Me thinks Porkchop could be a UCONN homer :lol:

Just kidding, I haven't seen it yet but by ya'lls comments I'm looking forward to some replays today.
I know we 've seen a lot of this in our games. There has got to be some kind of recourse for these officials. Suspensions for one game just isn't working. They are supposed to be well trained yet some can not seem to figure out basic rules calling.
By the way what the hell happened to replay? Did they not look at it?

A bigger question is why the Louisville coach didn't throw his red flag on it.

As to replay officials...I still don't have the basics down on what they can review and what they can't.

It's coming up on SC kudzu...watch it.

That was sad, even by SEC standards!

Speaking of our fine conference officiating, I missed the intros of the Bama Houston on TV and about half way through the game, I made the following comment to my friend.

"As much as I have complained about the SEC refs over the year, I actually think they've called a good, fair game..." Imagine the look on my face when I was told it wasn't SEC officials on the field.

I'm like Terry on this. I'm just past trying to figure out what is reviewable or not. But the whole system needs to be tweaked IMO.

This is my review of instant review; :D

Coach should have thrown the red flag. Or should he? Does the coach have a red flag or does it depend on the conference? I can't even remember if coaches have the red flag at all this year.

Every play is reviewable. Every play is reviewable but you can't use instant replay on every play to reverse calls. HUH!?!? :shock: So we could have reviewed it for fun but it wouldn't have mattered in overturning a call?

Teams are charged timeouts for losing a review. But there is no system in place when a coach calls timeout hoping to give the replay officials more time to call for a review....and they never do (because you can't use reviews on certain plays, though we're told all plays are reviewable). :?

Use it or ditch it once and for all. IMHO last night was a perfect example of what is WRONG with instant replay. Stop picking and choosing game by game what is reviewable or not. Last night's play is a perfect example of what is wrong with instant review. Everyone in the stadium saw the play and it's clear that the refs were hitting the pipe at some point in last night's game. But it doesn't matter because the play isn't reviwable? I thought the whole point of instant replay was to make the right calls on the field. :?

I think the system could stand some tweaking.

This was also followed by a terrible call on another punt, anyone catch that? UConn punted the ball, and it hit the UL guy's arm. UConn recovered on the one yard line, and they marked it down where the UL guy touched it and said the UConn guy touched it.

Lot of missed calls here lately...

I was watching a bit of the ESPN afternoon coverage of different games around the NCAA this afternoon and the subject came up. One of the comments made by Holtz shocked me. It seems the player who did this made a quote about it yesterday stating it was something he thought of and wanted to see if he could get away with it. GET AWAY WITH IT?!?

TerryP said:
I was watching a bit of the ESPN afternoon coverage of different games around the NCAA this afternoon and the subject came up. One of the comments made by Holtz shocked me. It seems the player who did this made a quote about it yesterday stating it was something he thought of and wanted to see if he could get away with it. GET AWAY WITH IT?!?
Well he did. :shock:

TerryP said:

Wow... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom