| LIFE Thanksgiving menu

We going to try something different. The thing is it also my wife birthday! We did have a receipts page on here, before we move to this site. I have save some.

@doemasters , don't have the recipe but our son is preparing the turkey this year and has an unique method he wants to try. Remove the backbone, spatchcooking I think, and lay the bird flat in a buttermilk and salt mixture for 48 hours prior to roasting. He plans on flipping the bird over after 12 hours and repeat until time to cook Thursday morning. Sounds interesting.

Turkey
Dressing (Sausage and Vegetarian)
Mac and Cheese
Broccoli Casserole
Mashed potatoes
Gravy
Rolls
Some kind of dessert

Gonna be a little different this year. I usually make the cornbread and my wife makes a loaf of challah for the stuffing but her mom has surgery tomorrow and she won't have time to make the bread. So I'll make cornbread but have to buy a loaf of bread to make the stuffing. Also going to swap out the usually Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage for some actual smoked sausage cut into smaller pieces.

Turkey
Dressing (Sausage and Vegetarian)
Mac and Cheese
Broccoli Casserole
Mashed potatoes
Gravy
Rolls
Some kind of dessert

Gonna be a little different this year. I usually make the cornbread and my wife makes a loaf of challah for the stuffing but her mom has surgery tomorrow and she won't have time to make the bread. So I'll make cornbread but have to buy a loaf of bread to make the stuffing. Also going to swap out the usually Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage for some actual smoked sausage cut into smaller pieces.

I hope your Maw-in-law's surgery goes well.

So here's everything we had, today

Turkey (really damn good turkey from Honey Baked Ham)
Dressing (my Grandmother's recipe; my sister made it)
Potato Salad (Mom's recipe)
Green Bean Casserole
Vegetable Casserole (Grandmother's recipe; again, made by my sister)
Sweet Potato Casserole
Rolls

Apple Pie
Jello-O Cake
Peach Cobbler
Something with Reese's cups, peanut butter, Cool Whip, brownies, and a couple other things. And it is absolutely AWESOME! (eating some right now)

Last edited:
@Brandon Van de Graaff I see a few spot you could put something on your plate!! :ROFLMAO: Also is that cranberry between your ham?

I'm a huge fan of Thanksgiving food, and remind those that say Thanksgiving food is overrated or no good, only say that to either get attention or because they didn't have a mother or grandmother that could cook worth a damn... BUT... cranberry and pumpkin pie are both awful and unfit for human consumption and I'll die on that hill.

@Brandon Van de Graaff

En1xd4QW4AAyCvH

Back
Top Bottom