| FTBL Thanks Crimson Tide

Argo said:
Great Post! Heading into the bye week 6-0 and ranked #2 is more than I expected or even imagined for this team.

We have a lot to be thankful for, Argo. At roughly this same time 2 years ago, on November 26th of '06, Alabama was without a coach.

Our rivals and bitter analysts and radio personalities and ESPN hacks and national writers and sport's reporters had written us off.

'Bama was finished and would forever be mid-level at best, bottom dwellers at worst. Lots of people's dreams and hopes didn't quite work out for them.

'Bama is doing quite well just two short years later. Very few programs would have been able to weather the storms that this team and program have over the last decade.

Unmatched fan support was an anchor for the Crimson Tide through all these years. The Tide has given us a hundred and fourteen years of some of the best college football anyone could ever ask for.

It was time for us to do our part and the Crimson Tide fans stepped up and delivered. Bryant Denny stayed packed and the fans never stopped buying and supporting the team that has done all they could through the decades to make us happy.

Throughout all these years of turmoil, we have all stuck together. Our team survived and so did we. Now, we are going to be battle tested and harder and meaner and tougher than ever. Impervious to outside interference.

AMEN to this thread!! I worked 6 years in Atlanta and listened to Georgia talk and the past 2 years in NW Florida and listened to Gator talk. The ridicule and laughable questions I have gotten asked the past 8 years have gotten mind-numbingly old. No matter what happens, I'm happy to hold my head high and welcome any Saturday game talk in my office. :)

Roll Tide guys and enjoy the week off.

I was telling my son last week that he was not alive the last time we were ranked #2 in the A.P. We should thank the Lord everyday for CNS!!

bamascw said:
I was telling my son last week that he was not alive the last time we were ranked #2 in the A.P. We should thank the Lord everyday for CNS!!

And Glen Coffee. LOL.

Who in the hell is that guy? Where did he come from? He was wasted all those years.

With 708 net yards already, he will easily break the 1000 yard mark.

CtrlAltieDel said:
bamascw said:

And Glen Coffee. LOL.

Who in the hell is that guy? Where did he come from? He was wasted all those years.

With 708 net yards already, he will easily break the 1000 yard mark.

Glen Coffee looked liked he was shot out of a cannon on Saturday..
surprise.gif
surprise.gif

One of the best runs I've seen in person, EVER. :)

Back
Top Bottom