| FTBL text message from ESPN stating Perrilloux booted from team..

TerryP said:
Kc said:
chevy0082 said:
I wonder what this will do to all the experts picking LSU in the west now.. There will be lots of back-peddlers Im sure

They do refer to Les as a "Mastermind" and a "genius"...dunno if they can back peddle now......

What does LSU's O/D line, look like this year?

Got class or I would look up....argh.

OL very well may end up being the best in the SEC. DL is strong as well. They have some questions, but it's with their back 7 on defense.

A strong running game can be a QB's best friend and they have some good RB's coming back.

Kinda thought that about their LB's and secondary. Have not done my homework on LSU. Prob wont till its football season :) Thanks Terry

bear facts said:
What's the over/under on how long before RP ends up in Angola?
That's some really funny stuff in this thread. I was curious to see that Bama fans thought of the most recent developments and how it affected ya'll. Some good stuff here.

To be honest with y'all, I really hate this news. Now Tiger fans will have an excuse when they get their tails kicked three or four times this upcoming season. I can just hear the corndogs now.

Should have dropped more than just the Kentucky and Arkansas games last year--Florida, Auburn, Bama, and Tennessee in SECCG.

How many NC teams can y'all name that have allowed opponents to rack up 43, 34, & 50 points against them?

That still boogles my mind.

sardog12 said:
bear facts said:
That's some really funny stuff in this thread. I was curious to see that Bama fans thought of the most recent developments and how it affected ya'll. Some good stuff here.

Would you care to see the emails and "funny photos" that I have received from Tiger-faithful friends regarding the recent legal woes of a couple Bama players? Now that was real funny stuff.

Welcome to the site. Great first post, btw.

bear facts said:
To be honest with y'all, I really hate this news. Now Tiger fans will have an excuse when they get their tails kicked three or four times this upcoming season. I can just hear the corndogs now.

Should have dropped more than just the Kentucky and Arkansas games last year--Florida, Auburn, Bama, and Tennessee in SECCG.

How many NC teams can y'all name that have allowed opponents to rack up 43, 34, & 50 points against them?

That still boogles my mind.

From the reactions I've seen and heard today most LSU fans realized this very well could be coming and there isn't a lot of shock. However, when it comes to the QB in relation to next season in terms of wins and losses I don't see much of a change in their attitude. NOW, if you see them drop 4-5 games next season I can see them being upset, but not making excuses. Jarrett Lee has some talent. He was pretty heavily recruiting out of Tx.

sardog12 said:
bear facts said:

You're right, we got out of hand. I'll contact rick4bama, and we'll get a RTB.com prayer circle started ASAP.

bear facts said:
From the reactions I've seen and heard today most LSU fans realized this very well could be coming and there isn't a lot of shock. However, when it comes to the QB in relation to next season in terms of wins and losses I don't see much of a change in their attitude. NOW, if you see them drop 4-5 games next season I can see them being upset, but not making excuses. Jarrett Lee has some talent. He was pretty heavily recruiting out of Tx.

TP, I lived in Red Stick for 6 years and spent a lot of time around campus among the Tiger faithful--got a degree from LSU. I know plenty of Tiger fans who will be making excuses. Believe me, they're out there.

Good example: 1987 - All I heard after Bama came into Death Valley and knocked off undefeated LSU (also had tied Ohio State that season) was how the game would have been different had Tommy Hodson been 100%.

Come to think of it, I guess if Hodson hadn't played with an injury, Coach Archer could have then put him in on defense, too, and it might have made a real difference, particularly since CMA had problems finding someone who could catch and tackle Bobby Humphrey that night.

Going into this year, what LSU has working in their favor is an experienced OL (4 of 5, I believe, are returning) who made a good-but-not-great QB, Matt Flynn, look better than what he really was. Ever notice how MF reacted when he was under pressure (which wasn't that often thanks to the group up front)? All you need to do is watch the first half of last year's Tulane game.

Porter said:
sardog12 said:
bear facts said:
That's some really funny stuff in this thread. Some good stuff here.

You're right, we got out of hand. I'll contact rick4bama, and we'll get a RTB.com prayer circle started ASAP.

:D

sardog12 said:
I was curious to see that Bama fans thought of the most recent developments and how it affected ya'll.

You know, if sd12 wasn't sporting an LSU avatar, I would have sworn a barner had written this.

bear facts said:
bear facts said:

TP, I lived in Red Stick for 6 years and spent a lot of time around campus among the Tiger faithful--got a degree from LSU. I know plenty of Tiger fans who will be making excuses. Believe me, they're out there.

What LSU has working in their favor is an experienced OL (4 of 5, I believe, are returning) who made a good-but-not-great QB, Matt Flynn, look better than what he really was. Ever notice how MF reacted when he was under pressure (which wasn't that often thanks to the group up front)? All you need to do is watch the first half of last year's Tulane game.

He threw 3 INT's in our game.

I've seen them turn on people quickly. Who knows how they will react. Saying they are down because of a RS frosh at QB wouldn't be, IMO, excuses. Now, if I see them saying, "If you only had RP we would have won?"

TerryP said:
bear facts said:
TerryP said:

What LSU has working in their favor is an experienced OL (4 of 5, I believe, are returning) who made a good-but-not-great QB, Matt Flynn, look better than what he really was. Ever notice how MF reacted when he was under pressure (which wasn't that often thanks to the group up front)? All you need to do is watch the first half of last year's Tulane game.

He threw 3 INT's in our game.

I've seen them turn on people quickly. Who knows how they will react. Saying they are down because of a RS frosh at QB wouldn't be, IMO, excuses. Now, if I see them saying, "If you only had RP we would have won?"

Please don't remind me. It still hurts to think about how we lost that game.

I do believe you nailed it with that last saying, though. That's exactly the kind of stuff I was alluding to.

Remember the "Hodson played hurt" excuse in '87?

(Not for sure if you caught the example, which I had added to the earlier post).

Miles gave RP every chance to settle in and be a football player who could help the team. Apparently RP thinks he is more important than the team itself. There may well be some short term consequences for LSU for dismissing him, but RP's blatant disregard for team rules would have ended up poisoning Miles entire operation. Miles is hardly my idea of a great football mind, but I'll give him props for giving RP chances to clean up his act. Ultimately though, Miles did what he had to do.

bear facts said:
sardog12 said:
bear facts said:

Would you care to see the emails and "funny photos" that I have received from Tiger-faithful friends regarding the recent legal woes of a couple Bama players? Now that was real funny stuff.

Welcome to the site. Great first post, btw.
That would be fine. I enjoy talking football and don't mind some smack-talk, but try to keep it somewhat real. I just thought that the Raiders comment was pretty funny and the Angola comment was perfect. Thanks for the welcome and look forward to a good season, especially with competition getting better each day.

Back
Top Bottom