| FTBL Terance Farmer

Argo

http://blog.al.com/bamabeat/

Tarence Farmer not expected back with Tide football

A little breaking news on a slow summer afternoon: Alabama appears to have taken a step closer to solving its scholarship numbers crunch.

Redshirt freshman Tarence Farmer isn't expected back with the Crimson Tide next season, according to this update posted on the Press-Register's breaking news blog. ...

TUSCALOOSA - Redshirt freshman wide receiver/defensive back Tarence Farmer has left Alabama's football team and is not expected back for the 2008 season, sources tell the Press-Register.

Farmer currently is at his family's home in Houston, Texas. He declined comment when reached today through a family member.
Farmer

Asked by phone if Farmer had decided to transfer from Alabama, she replied, "Now that, he would have to answer, but he doesn't want to speak right now."

The younger brother of former Arizona and NFL running back Clarence Farmer, Tarence signed with Alabama in Feb. 2007 after helping his high school team to an undefeated record and state title with more than 1,000 receiving yards as a senior.

Farmer, however, didn't log a statistic last season for Alabama. He was moved from defensive back to wide receiver this past spring, reportedly catching two passes for 40 yards during a scrimmage.

His absence would make 62 current Tide players thought to be on scholarship, leaving a surplus of two for the anticipated 25-man signing class officially joining the team in August.

I actually kind of liked Farmer, but he obviously isn't as talented as the guys we're getting right now. Hopefully it's not because of health or family reasons.

Tider27 said:
I actually kind of liked Farmer, but he obviously isn't as talented as the guys we're getting right now. Hopefully it's not because of health or family reasons.

I know what you're saying, but I'm not sure talent was the issue. I think it was more an instance where he just wasn't developing, and got passed on the depth chart. Obviously though, Julio and BJ coming in didn't help matters for him. Farmer was All-State on both sides of the ball in Texas as a HS senior though, so he wasn't too short on talent.

Porter said:
Tider27 said:

I know what you're saying, but I'm not sure talent was the issue. I think it was more an instance where he just wasn't developing, and got passed on the depth chart. Obviously though, Julio and BJ coming in didn't help matters for him. Farmer was All-State on both sides of the ball in Texas as a HS senior though, so he wasn't too short on talent.

Which, from what I have heard, the blame falls on Terance for some of this "undeveloped" talent. Some just get better without having to put in the work. Others, have to put in the work, in some cases extra work, and it appears TF fell into the latter category.

TerryP said:
Porter said:
Tider27 said:

Which, from what I have heard, the blame falls on Terance for some of this "undeveloped" talent. Some just get better without having to put in the work. Others, have to put in the work, in some cases extra work, and it appears TF fell into the latter category.

The great ones work no mater how talented they are...

I could list a bunch of names, not all related to football, but it shows that no matter what talent level you have...if ya do not work hard someone will pass you.

Kc said:
TerryP said:
Porter said:
Tider27 said:

The great ones work no mater how talented they are...

I could list a bunch of names, not all related to football, but it shows that no matter what talent level you have...if ya do not work hard someone will pass you.

yup yup!

Back
Top Bottom