| FTBL Tenn Victory Cigars

G

"Light 'em up if ya got 'em. Celebrate the victory over the viles."

This was the scene around our tailgate after the game this past Saturday.

RTR and Tenn still sucks.

TnStogies.jpg

Looks like a good time. I was really disappointed that SABAN did not promote the cigar tradition in the locker room after the game. That was one tradition that I hate to see go. Oh well, as long as he wins those games, I can do without the cigar smoking.

HA ! The dude in the fro looks insane man. Friggin' awsome. You guys are doing it up right!

Chuck E Cheeze,as far as changing the tradition or not doing it, I have mixed feelings.
At some point you have to have change. It's healthy and sometimes needed. As tough as things have been for the Bama Nation lately I'm willing to over look and accept Coach Sabans ideas and even changes to how things have been done here. Maybe it's time our generation start some of these new traditions. It maybe good for us all. Just a thought.

Awww, everybody was harmless and just enjoying the victory. The dude in the fro was funny as all get out. He said the fro was a chick magnet. He wasn't part of our tailgate, but bought a cigar from my cousin and got in the picture. You'd have been safe Delta. :)

The fans will carry on the tradition. Personally, I think it shouldn't be promoted in the locker room anyway. Who says a player can't smoke one after the game anyway? :D

First:

Saban didn't want to publicly endorse the Cigar tradition.

Second:

Saban said that when he looks at the pregame video and Bear Bryant he sees the word "class" associated with "our greatest coach ever", and that its the most important part of our tradition. He used that to liken the Cigar tradition to being somewhat unsportsmanlike, or unclassy...in other words, the Bear wouldn't approve or something to that effect? But the Bear started the tradition by handing out cigars to players when they beat TN, right? Maybe he didn't know that, I don't know.

Third:

I always thought smoking cigars was classy myself, haha.

Fourth:

I really don't give a damn, just bored, hahaha.

I was quite angry. The year I can LEGALLY smoke a victory cigar, my dad forgets to bring them. Oh well, we smoked some in 2005. Next year, I'll have my cigar ready for sure.

My dad also forgot his famed "Vol's Crying Towel", which has a cartoon of a coonskin hat guy crying and a big ROLL TIDE on the other side. It's always a good'un to wave around after the game.

It's against NCAA regs for a coach to hand out tobacco products to the players, tradition or not. So, I doubt that the Coach would have considered it. Now, there is a man who played for Coach Bryant who happens to have a son on the team, and I would not be surprised if he didn't have a couple of cigars for the victors well after the game and away from the press. :D

I always keep a good stash of cigars for those special occasions 8)

I'm glad these came in last month because they were put to use last Saturday :D

monties1.jpg

DustyG said:
BamaFan425 said:
I was quite angry. The year I can LEGALLY smoke a victory cigar, my dad forgets to bring them.

You are only 18 according to your profile, which means you can't LEGALLY smoke anything.
Last time I checked, 18 was the legal smoking age.

The legal smoking age in America is 18. If you are buying cigarettes (or another tobacco product) and you look young, the store clerk is required by law to ask you for proof of legal age. You should be prepared to provide identification.
From USAStudyGuide.com

BamaFan425 said:

Check again ;) :lol:

Actually there are several states and a few counties that have raised the age to this day.

United States of America
Age 18 for states to be eligible for federal grants. No retailer may sell cigarettes or smokeless tobacco to any person younger than 18 years of age; for individuals under 27 years of age, retailers shall verify age by means of photographic identification. In addition, the tobacco purchase age has been raised to 19 in Alabama, Alaska, New Jersey, Utah, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Onondaga counties in New York.

BAMA JAMMA said:
BamaFan425 said:

Check again ;) :lol:

Actually there are several states and a few counties that have raised the age to this day.

United States of America
Age 18 for states to be eligible for federal grants. No retailer may sell cigarettes or smokeless tobacco to any person younger than 18 years of age; for individuals under 27 years of age, retailers shall verify age by means of photographic identification. In addition, the tobacco purchase age has been raised to 19 in Alabama, Alaska, New Jersey, Utah, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Onondaga counties in New York.

That says purchase age. My post said my Dad (who is well over 19) didn't bring any, therefore implying that he would have bought them.

Is it still 18 to actually smoke? And besides, I live in Tennessee. I was not aware of the change in Alabama though. That's odd. :p

ijijmijij said:
First:

Saban didn't want to publicly endorse the Cigar tradition.

Second:

Saban said that when he looks at the pregame video and Bear Bryant he sees the word "class" associated with "our greatest coach ever", and that its the most important part of our tradition. He used that to liken the Cigar tradition to being somewhat unsportsmanlike, or unclassy...in other words, the Bear wouldn't approve or something to that effect? But the Bear started the tradition by handing out cigars to players when they beat TN, right? Maybe he didn't know that, I don't know.

Third:

I always thought smoking cigars was classy myself, haha.

Fourth:

I really don't give a damn, just bored, hahaha.

Coach Bryant didn't start it. It was one of the assistants that used to coach at UT but was on the staff at Bama.

Trivia: Who was the assistant coach?

Back
Top Bottom