| FTBL Tenn game on TV?

I would assume that ESPN or ESPN2 would carry this game...top 5 team and another SEC team would be an almost certain television draw.

Even though Tenn sucks this year...and maybe because of it...I can't wait to see the Tide roll them boys in urange & white.

TideAlum05 said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:
IM assuming Bama/UT will be the ESPN game correct?

Does ESPN have to pick up a SEC game? Tenn is terrible and could easily lose to MSU this weekend, then they'd be 2-5.

Regardless of how piss poor Tenn is right now (and they are no doubt), Bama is still a top 5 team and possibly the #1 team by the time the game rolls around, and Tenn still has "name" value on tv markets, plus its a rivalry game. All the makings of being picked up by ESPN...and that way we can crush 'em on national TV.

Porter said:
CBS is using the 6 day exemption, so it will either be BAMA vs TN on CBS at 2:30 or LSU vs UGA on CBS at 2:30. The other game will be on ESPN at 6:45.

Not sure why they would use it this week and they didnt last week?????/

Even if LSU were to lose at USCe....that would be the more attractive game IMO (UGA/LSU)

i think that it is goign to be a espn game. the uga vs lsu is two top 15 teams. but as long as the alabama tenn game is on tv that is all i care about .

Porter said:
CBS is using the 6 day exemption, so it will either be BAMA vs TN on CBS at 2:30 or LSU vs UGA on CBS at 2:30. The other game will be on ESPN at 6:45.

No CBS please! That would make Alabama the CBS game 3 straight games for us and 3 of their last 4 total games. I want ESPN this time around (mainly because I'm flying that day and really don't need to drop my St. Thomas trip). :) C'mon ESPN, do the right thing.

Porter said:

My vote is Bama at 6:45 on ESPN and UGA@LSU at 2:30.
We don't have to sit through Verne Lunquist (worst guy on TV), we get a night game, and LSU has to play in the daylight. :lol: -and a good time was had by all.

Lenny Kozlowski said:
Porter said:

Not sure why they would use it this week and they didnt last week?????/

Even if LSU were to lose at USCe....that would be the more attractive game IMO (UGA/LSU)

Just speculation here, but if BAMA beats Ole Miss and goes into the UT game #2 or #1, it is going to bring in a lot of interested viewers from around the nation. Penn State fans, USC fans, OU fans, etc... tuning in hoping for an upset.

If BAMA beats Ole Miss and LSU or UGA lose this weekend, I think that makes the BAMA vs. TN game a lock. If BAMA wins, and both LSU and UGA win, it will probably be a tough call. Obviously, if BAMA loses to Ole Miss, the decision will be made for them.

I see that line of thinking but......Bama up by 21 points at the half (decent odds) against UT loses viewers quickly.

UGA/LSU should be a close contest with SECC game implications

Back
Top Bottom