| FTBL Teams We Have NEVER Played?

It is UAT ( we are lucky its really just Bama) but Just like uT at knoxville is UTK
What's wrong with that.
not ashamed the campus is at Tuscaloosa
UA is the flagship university in the state. UAB and UAH are not. There is no reason to tack on the "T" because everyone knows if you say University of Alabama you aren't talking about an engineering school in Huntsville or a medical school in Birmingham.

And again, the main group that uses UAT happen to be Auburnites in an effort to diminish the fact that the flagship school of the state is in Tuscaloosa.

Hell, I'd bet you'd lose 75% of the CFB fan base if you used UAT in a conversation. They'd have no idea and would like think something along the lines of University of Arlington in Texas.

Hell, I'd bet you'd lose 75% of the CFB fan base if you used UAT in a conversation. They'd have no idea and would like think something along the lines of University of Arlington in Texas.

They are actually referred to as UTA ( or were unless something changed)

We are Bama mostly or Alabama.... Have great distinction..... but proud to have campus at Tuscaloosa. Dont see UAT for other references demeaning at all...

I first heard when there became more satellite universities....

wasn’t referring to sports teams...just campus locations...orwhen a university system consolidated....

dont really remember when...but...really.... pay so little ( none) attention to anything AU -ites do....

Like the stupidity of not saying teams names ( OSU n Michigan ..worse.) or recognizing their colors....

Navy or Army would be a great trip
One of the doctors I worked with played at Bama in 70&71. He blew out his knee his sophomore year and dropped out of football. Went the medical route.......back then, freshman couldn't play varsity ball and they had a "freshman" team that played like 9 games a year. He said going to Annapolis was one of the highlights of him getting to play at Bama. Said is was really cool atmosphere and had a lot of respect for the cadets and what all they did balancing football and school the way they did.

I have heard, because of the crowds they bring, the service academies will never schedule a H/H with Bama. BS security.
The service academy alumni isn't big, but it's dispersed. Do they overtake the home team's stadium? No. But they will represent.

Army, Navy and Air Force won't schedule a home-and-home with teams like Alabama because the odds are against them. Navy has traditionally play Notre Dame, but even that isn't an annual event anymore.

Back
Top Bottom