support my competition BBQ team on facebook

Just finishing up our Whistlestop Weekend. Out of 70 Backyard teams Brewster finished
27th in ribs,
11th in chicken
with an overall finish of 12th, not too shabby I must say.

we are meeting some great people who don't mind laughing and cutting up. Just out to have a general good time with good food and great people.

now on to Hartselle in 2 weeks to compete with our first ever pork turn-in....I am anxious to get some official results back on this product.

Happy smoking

Come on and give us that secret recipe for chicken. I always get mine too dry. I need a step by step, with temperature etc.

I grill chicken breast 1-2 times a week on my big green egg, I cook them at about 300 until they get a nice brown on the outside, probably flip them 3-4 times (I never check the internal temperature), probably 10 minutes or so. They are juicy. I never inject them either or brine them. Cook them with hot coals, no flame.

Just finishing up our Whistlestop Weekend. Out of 70 Backyard teams Brewster finished
27th in ribs,
11th in chicken
with an overall finish of 12th, not too shabby I must say.

we are meeting some great people who don't mind laughing and cutting up. Just out to have a general good time with good food and great people.

now on to Hartselle in 2 weeks to compete with our first ever pork turn-in....I am anxious to get some official results back on this product.

Happy smoking

That's awesome, I bet you are learning a ton right now. I imagine most of your competition is in the local area within 250 miles, how far out are you venturing?

I am in Huntsville, AL....extreme north, almost in Tennessee. We did Winchester a coupla weeks ago, will probably start the year off in Tupelo next season (if the recent tornado didn't effect it)...may go as far south as Bessemer, but if invited to compete for the Governors Cup in Mobile, will make that journey....and possibly as far east as Rome.....but yes, fairly close to home....@planomateo

Back
Top Bottom