| FTBL Star on campus?

bamafan said:
any info on him? how is his work-outs going?

He's doing ok for a true frosh. I suspect he'll 'shirt, but we'll see. He needs some time within the system to be ready for our play.

The depth chart hasn't, and likely won't, change when fall comes around.

Nice arm. I figure we'll see him contribute a lot in his Jr. season.

TerryP said:
bamafan said:

He's doing ok for a true frosh. I suspect he'll 'shirt, but we'll see. He needs some time within the system to be ready for our play.

So if he shirts. Who is going to contribute the the next 2 seasons? Mcelroy?

NTT said:
TerryP said:
bamafan said:

So if he shirts. Who is going to contribute the the next 2 seasons? Mcelroy?

yeah, im very interested to see how this qb thing is going to work out over the next couple of seasons. i would like to know who everyone sees as being the qb after jpw leaves. the qb's after this season will be mcelroy, fanuzzi, darrah, jackson, mcarron, and smelley, is that correct

somehow i have shanked the last two posts. somehow my post ended up in NTT's post, i guess when i replied i didnt go down far enough. then tried to edit it and copy/paste it... did'nt work. so forgive me for being so computer illiterate. :lol:

bamafan said:
somehow i have shanked the last two posts. somehow my post ended up in NTT's post, i guess when i replied i didnt go down far enough. then tried to edit it and copy/paste it... did'nt work. so forgive me for being so computer illiterate. :lol:

never mind, i just got it. sorry im just having a nice little debacle here with myself and my computer. sorry, ok back on topic here...

:lol:

bamafan said:
bamafan said:

never mind, i just got it. sorry im just having a nice little debacle here with myself and my computer. sorry, ok back on topic here...

:lol:

If you are always able to talk to yourself and work things out you should consider yourself one of a very small, but healthy group. :lol:

'09? I'd call it Mac, Fanuzzi, and a fight for #3 between Jackson and McCarron.

'10? Geez, you got me. Fanuzzi will know the system, McCarron is likely to pick it up quicker than Jackson...we very well may look at a 3 man race in '10. A lot depends on how Nick develops under Coach Mac.

You won't find me in the least upset if we have Sr's leading the team year in and year out.

TerryP said:
If you are always able to talk to yourself and work things out you should consider yourself one of a very small, but healthy group. :lol:

'10? Geez, you got me. Fanuzzi will know the system, McCarron is likely to pick it up quicker than Jackson...we very well may look at a 3 man race in '10. A lot depends on how Nick develops under Coach Mac.

You won't find me in the least upset if we have Sr's leading the team year in and year out.

Hey Terry, having a lot of respect for you and your opinion, I ask this question hesitantly. Are you unimpressed with Star?

Bama Bard said:
TerryP said:

Hey Terry, having a lot of respect for you and your opinion, I ask this question hesitantly. Are you unimpressed with Star?

No, by all means NO! I don't see him in a valid role this season.

This is just my opinion, and only that. If I were to make a guess at the odd man out right in '10 it would be Fanuzzi. Only because he's had accuracy problems.

There are just too many variables in the situation. JPW is the guy for next season. Right now, '09 is up in the air but if we skipped the next year completely and put us at Aug. 1, '09 you have to say it would be Greg. But, so much can happen in a year.

Reports have Star really studying the playbook. Reports also have him "looking" like a QB.

All that put out there...give me a Sr. QB in the system for 3-4 years before he sees the field in a starting role and I'm happy.

But, that's just me...

Reports also had Star being on the strip with about 7 lovely, lovely ladies the other day. It has been confirmed that TB3 would love top become friends with him. Or friends with his friends.

Terry, anyone else - Would you consider it to be a fair statement if I said had Major never been hired Marve would be the favorite to start next year? That's how I sort of read between the lines.

Thanks TP. Glad to hear it. I have heard similar things to his performances in SKELS and that he has turned a head or two. As far as this year is concerned I am the biggest JPW fan in the country but hope that in 2009 Star will be pushing Mac and Fanuzzi for #1.

TigerBait3 said:
Reports also had Star being on the strip with about 7 lovely, lovely ladies the other day. It has been confirmed that TB3 would love top become friends with him. Or friends with his friends.

Terry, anyone else - Would you consider it to be a fair statement if I said had Major never been hired Marve would be the favorite to start next year? That's how I sort of read between the lines.

That's a question I can't answer considering Marve was a Shula recruit. If that staff was still in place, I'd say you may be right. Given the transition, I can't answer that with anything other than a guess. Recall, Marve decommitted before Major was hired.

Bama Bard said:
Thanks TP. Glad to hear it. I have heard similar things to his performances in SKELS and that he has turned a head or two. As far as this year is concerned I am the biggest JPW fan in the country but hope that in 2009 Star will be pushing Mac and Fanuzzi for #1.

If Star has the chance to see the field this season and gets some quality playing time our season is going well...no, make that very well.

People wanted to see Greg on the field last season. I was against throwing him out there because of the difference in how both were practicing.

However, after talking to Greg a few times I know he's got a great head on shoulders. As a Senior I think he'll do well.

I've said it before, the QB race (again, my opinion) is going to happen in '10. Star has a hell of a lot of potential. But, I do like what I see out of AJ as well.

Given my ideal wish (repeating myself here) AJ redshirts in '10 and sees the field in '11 sparingly but is ready to go if needed.

Again, that's leaving Nick out...and that's my biggest question in the QB corps.

TigerBait3 said:

Anytime ladies are involved with threads you know the requirements.

^^PIC

TerryP said:
TigerBait3 said:

Anytime ladies are involved with threads you know the requirements.

^^PIC
I feel kind of awkward even asking a famous person for an autograph. I feel pretty confident that I would have either gone to jail or gotten my butt kicked had I followed Star and his ladies with a camera. :)

Regarding the Marve post, I was saying that because I am pretty sure I remember hearing the staff went in a different direction, even though Marve had decommitted beforehand.

Now, to make up for my obvious selfish act of not including pictures, I present to you:

elisha-cuthbert.jpg

which comes first knowing the system or having talent. I mean how useless is knowing the system if you don't have the talent to get it done. On the other hand if you have the talent and don't know the system then what do you have. I would say the talent level is in Star's favor and next year in AJ's favor. I doubt either will take a full year to learn the system if they really want to.

Back
Top Bottom