| FTBL Standing up, sitting down

ijijmijij

Verified Member
I really hate it when people complain that I stand up too much at the games. I sit down most of the time, but when there is a 3rd down in the red zone I will probably be standing and screaming my ass off.

I've sat in a few different places in the stadium--and some are worse than others, but why are people so lazy and not pumped that they can't stand up every now and then and make some noise?

I'd be standing and screaming the entire time no matter where my seats were if I had the choice.

Because many of those people witnessed not losing to anyone in BDS for years. Remember Bryant's record in BDS?

And, with the $ they donate to the University every year, I don't give a darn if they stand or sit.

The last time I was at a game. The kid in front was shaking his pom pom so hard it was hitting me in the face. Almost like a whip. No I didn't say anything to him are his family about it. He was having a good time watching the game. And I just move to try and not let it hit me. And when he and his family wasn't sitting I didn't have any trouble watching the game either. But it take a lot to get me up set too.
And I do both myself when I do get to go watch a game live.

when i go to the games, me, everyone with me, and usually everyone around us stands alot. but we dont sit in the "good seats" usually anyway so it may be different for yall.

rick4bama said:
The last time I was at a game. The kid in front was shaking his pom pom so hard it was hitting me in the face. Almost like a whip. No I didn't say anything to him are his family about it. He was having a good time watching the game. And I just move to try and not let it hit me. And when he and his family wasn't sitting I didn't have any trouble watching the game either. But it take a lot to get me up set too.

Was that boy a poster on this site? :lol:

My dad has Tide Pride tickets, usually those folks (at this specific place) are the most likely to want to sit the entire game. He has seats that are in U3 on the first row aisle, but I usually have to buy tickets on ebay every time I go. My birthday is in October so every now and then I get a gift of his tickets...

I have respect for folks who do sit the entire game, a lot about Alabama is class and standing and screaming is different when you're in the student section as opposed to other sections, but if I have a chance to see them play at all I am wanting the whole team and the coach to hear a full 92,000 screaming full volume.

Anyway, if you see me at just about any SEC game I will be making noise if its a big play.

I'm up and down the whole game. Big plays I jump up, and when we are cheering the defense on to make a 3rd down stop, I'm up.

I try and be respectful of those around me. Fortunately I'm around a good group of folks. We are all sort of in agreement. We all sort of stand up when everybody else does. Bottom line folks sit. Don't be a moron and be the only one standing when there is nobody within a 100' radius of you standing. It's all about being respectful. If folks use common sense then everybody is happy.

rammerjammer said:
I'm up and down the whole game. Big plays I jump up, and when we are cheering the defense on to make a 3rd down stop, I'm up.

I try and be respectful of those around me. Fortunately I'm around a good group of folks. We are all sort of in agreement. We all sort of stand up when everybody else does. Bottom line folks sit. Don't be a moron and be the only one standing when there is nobody within a 100' radius of you standing. It's all about being respectful. If folks use common sense then everybody is happy.

What he said.

rick4bama said:

yea sorry bout that man he'll be more careful next time! lol

I don't care if a person sits or stands I do care if a person is bothered by me standing I hardly ever sit.

reger60 said:
rammerjammer said:

What he said.

Good post. That's how our section works as well.

It Takes Eleven said:
reger60 said:
rammerjammer said:

What he said.

WHAT!? Don't be a moron and stand when nobody else is!!!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me?! You are the moron that is not standing up! This isn't a tennis match this is a FOOTBALL game! If you are anywhere near me in the stands I will MAKE YOU stand up! I will get in your grill and remind you where you are...AT A FOOTBALL GAME!! STAND UP! Stand up when our offense is on the field... and deffinatly get up when our D is on the field!! STAND UP! and SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!! If you want to sit then stay at home! This is what's wrong with Bryant Denny...we aren't feared at home because you whimps won't stand up and scream the whole time. GET UP AND SCREAM UNTIL YOU'RE RED IN THE FACE!!! UNTIL YOU PASS OUT!!! Those boys on the field our giving their all and so shall we in the stands!!!!!!!!
ROLL TIDE!!

spooky112483 said:
It Takes Eleven said:
reger60 said:
rammerjammer said:

What he said.

WHAT!? Don't be a moron and stand when nobody else is!!!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me?! You are the moron that is not standing up! This isn't a tennis match this is a FOOTBALL game! If you are anywhere near me in the stands I will MAKE YOU stand up! I will get in your grill and remind you where you are...AT A FOOTBALL GAME!! STAND UP! Stand up when our offense is on the field... and deffinatly get up when our D is on the field!! STAND UP! and SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!! If you want to sit then stay at home! This is what's wrong with Bryant Denny...we aren't feared at home because you whimps won't stand up and scream the whole time. GET UP AND SCREAM UNTIL YOU'RE RED IN THE FACE!!! UNTIL YOU PASS OUT!!! Those boys on the field our giving their all and so shall we in the stands!!!!!!!!
ROLL TIDE!!

It's called being 23 and not understanding who those people are that are sitting that happened to have those seats before you were a twinkle in your dads eye.

I might add, by getting "into the grill" of some of these older Alumni you are more than likely to find yourself sitting...or laying, depending on just how old the fella you approach that way is.

The excellence my generation expects to see on the field is the same excellence we expect to see in the stands. Unfortunately, over the last decade, what I've seen in the student sections is an embarrassment.

TerryP said:
spooky112483 said:
It Takes Eleven said:
reger60 said:
rammerjammer said:

What he said.

ROLL TIDE!!

It's called being 23 and not understanding who those people are that are sitting that happened to have those seats before you were a twinkle in your dads eye.

I might add, by getting "into the grill" of some of these older Alumni you are more than likely to find yourself sitting...or laying, depending on just how old the fella you approach that way is.

The excellence my generation expects to see on the field is the same excellence we expect to see in the stands. Unfortunately, over the last decade, what I've seen in the student sections is an embarrassment.

I concur again...

Bottle to the face, anyone? :roll:

crowd participation

Let me start by saying i respect anyone who is a fan of our beloved crimson tide. I moved from Bama 17 years ago with my family to New Orleans and as I was born with crimson tide in my blood I developed a love for the Saints just the same. I have been a Saints season ticket holder for years now and the important factor to remember for all the fans in the stands that want to sit, which is ok if that's what you like to do, is that 'home field advantage' and '12th man' mean everything at home games but is a nonfactor if everyone is sitting cross legged and golf claps on good plays. The team feeds off the atmosphere at games, if everyone is quiet and sitting the team doesn't have the adrenaline pumping and doesn't perform the same. So Roll Tide!!!!!! don't get upset with any fans ,within reason, that get excited at games and stands and cheers they are only helping the team because if we didn't the afore mentioned 12th man and home field advantage would go out of the window and we might as well all be watching golf or tennis. I've only been to one game in Bryant-Denny and that was last weekends win but take it from someone who has experience in the superdome as to how well the advantage is to the fans being totally into the game, it means worlds to the team and sends fear into all who have to step into Bryant-Denny and TRY to play against us

Back
Top Bottom