| FOOD Something different at Thanksgiving!

That's just wrong! I am trying to get my wife to give the ok to smoke some meat or grill pork chops, not a big fan of turkey.

About 10 years ago we were back in Alabama for Thanksgiving, my stepmom wasn't feeling good. So I volunteered to make dinner, I made 3 massive pans of lasagna. My sisters were pissed off. I told them next time they should help and they can set the menu.

The last 6 years or so we've cheated at bit, we order food from one of the local grocery stores and heat / cook it all. I don't have to make the food from scratch to enjoy it and prepping for 2 days isn't my thing.

we order food from one of the local grocery stores and heat / cook it all. I don't have to make the food from scratch to enjoy it
Amen! we've started doing the same thing and enjoy it just as much if not more. My wife and daughter will still make a favorite dessert or whatever but the bulk comes from someone else.

NQES4Ad.jpg

I don't have to make the food from scratch to enjoy it and prepping for 2 days isn't my thing.

I love cooking this time of year. Cheaper than therapy and I get to eat it. Already have my rib roast. Probably have Yorkshire pudding, cheesecake or apple pie and what other side dishes I think of between now and then.

Planning on making stock from turkey carcass and using it for gumbo either before Christmas or after New Year.

Back
Top Bottom