| BSB/SB Softball update: Bama #2 in first RPI of the season (#1 Va. Tech) and injury updates.

TerryP

Staff
Injuries:

Aubrey Barnhart: She's started hitting again both in the cage and as of last Friday live pitching. (Thumb, grade 2 sprain.)
Savannah Woodard: She's still day to day. Murph said it'll remain that way until she can run with no paid. (Sprained ankle.)
Lexi Kilfoyl: She's scheduled to begin pitching again tomorrow (bull pen work.) "I think so" when asked if she would be available this weekend against LSU.

RANKSCHOOLCONFERENCERECORDROADNEUTRALHOMENON DIV I
1Virginia TechACC14-34-310-00-00-0
2AlabamaSEC20-02-08-010-00-0
3OklahomaBig 1215-03-012-00-00-0
4UCLAPac-1217-30-014-33-00-0
5OregonPac-1216-38-18-20-00-0
6Oklahoma St.Big 1212-53-07-42-10-0
7DukeACC16-33-18-15-10-0
8CharlotteC-USA18-31-00-017-30-0
9FloridaSEC21-15-05-011-10-0
10MichiganBig Ten13-64-39-30-00-0

Hmmmm…….. Va Tech at #1 with 3 losses, 2 of which came at the hands of the #2 team! Someone make this make sense please.
Granted, I am of the belief that rankings only matter at the end of the season and not a month into it. Do these people actually watch the games or at least games of the Top 10-15 schools.

Hmmmm…….. Va Tech at #1 with 3 losses, 2 of which came at the hands of the #2 team! Someone make this make sense please.
Granted, I am of the belief that rankings only matter at the end of the season and not a month into it. Do these people actually watch the games or at least games of the Top 10-15 schools.

VT should have teams a tad stronger than both uab and Miami on its schedule to move in front of us. It should...

Good to know about Lexi. How important is she this weekend? LSU doesn't seem to be teh program they've been lately.
I've only seen box scores on LSU this season. They do seem to be schizophrenic. They lost to Troy a few days ago but swept U LaLa during the same weekend series.

Just as a guess it's pitching depth but I can't say for sure.

Playing LSU at home is traditionally tough. I know Bama has won the last six in a row including two last season. I think they're couple or three games below .500 playing them on the road.

It seems like a weekend of Fouts, Kilfoyl, Fouts. I don't think we'll see Salter but wouldn't bet against Torrence in relief. (I'm well aware I need to stop this guessing game with who's in the circle.)

This!!!!!
I’ve watched a little, they play like world beaters one inning. The next they look like a 10 yr old Rex team…..
Would love a sweep this weekend……
Don’t look ahead to Wednesday.
I had to look up the record against LSU in Baton Rouge—4-10 all time. I think/hope that's reinforced to the ladies this weekend. It's a tough place to play.

Funny you mention playing the #3 team in the nation next week with the team playing the 21st ranked team this weekend. I was just looking at the latest poll and if I counted correctly they have four of the top 25 left to play in conference alone: maybe five.

I had to look up the record against LSU in Baton Rouge—4-10 all time. I think/hope that's reinforced to the ladies this weekend. It's a tough place to play.

Funny you mention playing the #3 team in the nation next week with the team playing the 21st ranked team this weekend. I was just looking at the latest poll and if I counted correctly they have four of the top 25 left to play in conference alone: maybe five.
Yeah schedule gets tough for sure. In Baton Rouge, Murph has had challenges for sure. The dude with the championship belt behind home plate at every lsu home game is a trip. He’s always entertaining.
I’ve heard he can get in the batters head every now and then, not the experienced players so much as the younger lady’s.

@Rsedge72 I had a chance to watch a little of LSU last night at work. When I said "schizoid" earlier I didn't realize how apropos that was: it's literally inning to inning. I drew a line at 15 games played and see they have eight that are .500 or better in OPS. Six of those eight are below .300 BA. Tell me that makes a lot of sense at a quick glance.

You see .961 in FLD% and think, "that's not so bad" and then you see three of their infielders with 19 combined errors on the season. 😲 Second base, Coffey, has eight. And here I am a little disappointed (see facetious) seeing Prange and Bloodworth with a combined four (team has seven on the season.)

I want to see a lineup card. They've got four over .391 and then five under .300. "Black holes in the lineup" as Gray is fond of saying. How are they dispersing the weaker hitters?
Yeah I’ve seen that, haven’t had a chance to see them live this year. I will, however watch them before our lady’s play them.
I watch like I’m scouting for the team😂😂

I did watch a little fsu/furman yesterday. FSU is a bunch of arrogant so and so’s. Trotting bases and laughing while they swing for the fence. I couldn’t be a coach in this day and age, I tell ya!!!

Back
Top Bottom