So who has the best hamburger?

doemasters

The Rowdy One
Staff
Everyone around my area tells me it is Green Valley Drugs in Hoover which they do make an awesome milkshake but I would not have them at the top of my list for a good burger

In-n-Out, hands down. I just love the secret menu and the animal fries and the shakes. Though Five Guys is a close second. There's also a place near my school here called Z-Burger with like 200 milkshakes and really good burgers too.

I went to Green Valley Drugs a couple of weeks ago and I gotta say, I don't know if I just came at the wrong time or something but it just wasn't that special to me. Now if you wanna seriously talk best hamburger, then Stagg's in Florence has got to be top 5. Best hamburger I've ever put in my mouth by far. Not as good as before the fire, but still top of the line.

Also there's a new hamburger place in Birmingham right off of 280 called "Mooyah" that's pretty freaking good. It's pretty much just like Five Guys right down to the cup/bag full of fries but I like Mooyah a little better. Also, since coming to Birmingham I have indeed fallen in love with Milo's. That sauce is fantastic.

Mooyah is out here in North Dallas, take the family and drop $40 on burgers, fries. (Kills me)

Thanks Philly, I went to In-n-Out today for lunch because of you :)

I was bummed when we went down to Orange Beach and found out the Milo's in Foley is no more...major bummed!

Mooyah is out here in North Dallas, take the family and drop $40 on burgers, fries. (Kills me)

Thanks Philly, I went to In-n-Out today for lunch because of you :)

I was bummed when we went down to Orange Beach and found out the Milo's in Foley is no more...major bummed!

They have them out your way? So jealous. I miss them soooooo much. I wish they'd come east!

Yup, they got one in Frisco, TX (about a mile from the office).

Probably 5-6 in the Dallas area now, opened up a few years ago - had to wait in like about 30-40 minutes to order the first few months, not kidding you - line of 60-100 people for a few weeks during lunch.

In-N-Out is awesome. Any joint with a secret menu has to be cool, but their burgers are top shelf for fast food.

Foley folks, and south Alabama folks in general, didn't understand Milo's. it's a different breed down there... Milo's also failed in auburn if that tells you anything.

The vast majority of them are in California, it's where it originated. It's like the state food of CA, everyone I have ever met from there raves about it- and for good reason! They are slowly coming eastward, but not past Texas as of right now. It's an old chain, since the 1940s-1950s I believe.

As for the secret menu, it's so much fun! And the animal sauce .. NOMS.

We get our Milo's fix (both the burgers and fries) when we get to Bama. It's a game day ritual when I take my youngest. Sometimes we'll hit the Moody store on the way over and hustle to the Eastwood Mall location for a nightcap.

Lloyd's on Highway 280 is known for their hamburger steak, onion rings and bbq, but their cheeseburgers are very good.

In terms of Generica, I enjoy Five Guys, but you're right it's tough to drop $40 for a family meal in a burger place.

In Atlanta, the best burger isn't really a burger patty, but it's at Fox Brothers BBQ in Decatur. It's southern BBQ with Texas roots, so they have good brisket. Their burger is chopped brisket with bacon, tomato, home made pimento cheese and jalapeno mayo. I'm not kidding, it's awesome.

RTR,

Tim

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom