| FTBL Shreveport: The Grandaddy of Bad Bowl Games

This is the third article on this I’ve seen in the last few weeks. For the love of originality, can’t they just let it go? Oh and by the way, I’m sure a lot more people were interested in the FAU and Memphis or Bowling Green and Rutgers games than they are in this game. Please, Alabama-Colorado is a much more compelling match-up no matter what the records are. :roll:

87.4 men and 100 women? I can already see the dead cattle floating down the river with two buxom women in Shreveport under my arms?

Dang! Let's promote this great American City and the major event of the year already!

GO BAMA!

and we know that if it was Michigan in it, the articles would all be saying how this great ole bowl game doesn't get any respect, yada, yada, yada!!

tidentrue12 said:
and we know that if it was Michigan in it, the articles would all be saying how this great ole bowl game doesn't get any respect, yada, yada, yada!!
Not from the guy who wrote the Sporting News piece. He is the guy who runs the blog EveryDayShouldBeSaturday and is notorious for sharp and pointed criticism. He even does not spare the Gators, his favored team, when circumstances call.

That said, I think the linked piece is not his best effort for that forum. He got the Sporting News gig after his EDSBS site became a huge success (in large part due to Vern Lundquist of CBS making mention of the site during their broadcast of several Gator games this year), but his blog persona really does not transfer well to the more restricted 'real media' arena. Had he wrote on that theme on EDSBS, it would have been even more scathing - and accurate.

alagator said:
tidentrue12 said:
Not from the guy who wrote the Sporting News piece. He is the guy who runs the blog EveryDayShouldBeSaturday and is notorious for sharp and pointed criticism. He even does not spare the Gators, his favored team, when circumstances call.

That said, I think the linked piece is not his best effort for that forum. He got the Sporting News gig after his EDSBS site became a huge success (in large part due to Vern Lundquist of CBS making mention of the site during their broadcast of several Gator games this year), but his blog persona really does not transfer well to the more restricted 'real media' arena. Had he wrote on that theme on EDSBS, it would have been even more scathing - and accurate.

Yep, Orson writes some pretty funny stuff when he is able to write exactly he wants. I enjoy EDSBS, but the articles he writes for the Sporting News are very watered down compared to the writing that gave him notoriety.

bigdaddy51200 said:
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=shreveportthegrandaddyof&prov=tsn&type=lgns
Even the Motor City Bowl is smart enough to hold the thing indoors before turning people loose to fend for themselves in the wilds of downtown Detroit. (There are enough variables in Detroit without having the weather frighten people, too.)
YEAH dude like getting shot in the MURDER CAPITAL of the world! What a joke the MURDER CITY BOWL! haha!

This year, I am just happy to be in a bowl game. I dont care who thinks its the 'worst' bowl game. This is the first step in the return of the Tide to the national scene.

bamarooski said:
bigdaddy51200 said:
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=shreveportthegrandaddyof&prov=tsn&type=lgns
Even the Motor City Bowl is smart enough to hold the thing indoors before turning people loose to fend for themselves in the wilds of downtown Detroit. (There are enough variables in Detroit without having the weather frighten people, too.)
YEAH dude like getting shot in the MURDER CAPITAL of the world! What a joke the MURDER CITY BOWL! haha!

Yeah but think of the half time entertainment with all of the BAD AZZ Gangsta' Rappers that would want to come in and do the show with the posse's in tow???

Emcee'd by 'PACMAN' Jones...

Back
Top Bottom