| FTBL Show THIS stat to your Boog/Corndog/<whatever> opposing crying friends/coworkers

This is a list of teams with the least opponent penalties, correct? So Oregon opponents have only been flagged 105 times? So what would be the logical deduction from this? I'm all about some conspiracy theory, but what is the purpose or advantage in this? Just curious.

This is a list of teams with the least opponent penalties, correct? So Oregon opponents have only been flagged 105 times? So what would be the logical deduction from this? I'm all about some conspiracy theory, but what is the purpose or advantage in this? Just curious.
Click on the tweet link to see the whole enlightening thread
As mentioned in the thread on X ... and if you think back you can recall us talking about it here. A few years ago Bama went through the entire season without a flag being thrown for holding on any of their opponents.

The point of the tweet and Sgt sharing it here was the imbalance. Why do we see teams far outmanned, severely lacking in talent when compared to the blue bloods, suddenly play mistake free football? UGA's DL a few years ago...how many times was holding called against the opposing offensive line?

I understand the concept. Just not the purpose. Is this an attempt to level the playing field against the traditional top teams? If that's true then I would think Oklahoma would be on the list. If it's just natural referee bias against certain teams, I'm surprised Texas is on this list. I agree that there is definitely a referee bias against Alabama because it's ridiculous that Bama gets called for so many penalties while their opponents generally do not. I think the UCheat game last year was the ultimate F you to Alabama.

I understand the concept. Just not the purpose. Is this an attempt to level the playing field against the traditional top teams? If that's true then I would think Oklahoma would be on the list. If it's just natural referee bias against certain teams, I'm surprised Texas is on this list. I agree that there is definitely a referee bias against Alabama because it's ridiculous that Bama gets called for so many penalties while their opponents generally do not. I think the UCheat game last year was the ultimate F you to Alabama.

I think it's just human nature for the most part... you subconsciously feel the need to even the playing field a bit in certain situations. We see it at all levels of sports.

Back
Top Bottom