| FTBL Should beer sales be allowed at College Football games?

Looks like I am the only one. You guys make some very good and valid arguments against having beer sales inside the stadium. It would more than likely increase the number of drunk & stupid people. And that wouldn't be a good thing.

Ive been to bowl games with beer sales and I havent noticed any difference in behavior.

The people that drink (me) are just bringing in the hard stuff. Id rather buy the $6 beer at the stadium than have to sneak in and drink Liquor. :?

Lenny Kozlowski said:
Ive been to bowl games with beer sales and I havent noticed any difference in behavior.

The people that drink (me) are just bringing in the hard stuff. Id rather buy the $6 beer at the stadium than have to sneak in and drink Liquor. :?

Different crowd. The road fans I find are typically the older set, alumni, and coporate crowd. Not saying none of those people party, but maybe not as hard as some of the rowdy's on a typical Sat that got their tix from a scalper or neighbor. Also the student section may be smaller.

There's enough drinking without selling it at the stadiums. It reduces litigious problems for the universities.

I remember going to see my cousin play for JSU back in the early 80's. They not only sold beer back then, the JSU team broke through a banner running onto the field that was sponsored by Budweiser. I think it was the increase of the drinking age from 18 to 21 that pretty much killed the college beer sales.

Bama Bo said:
I've seen and heard this disscussion in other places, and thought I'd get it going here. Should the ban on beer sales at college games be dropped?

Personally, I think it should. It would increase revenue a lot.

We could sell pot and have whores working the concourse! Think of the money!

bamaupsman said:
Bama Bo said:
I've seen and heard this disscussion in other places, and thought I'd get it going here. Should the ban on beer sales at college games be dropped?

Fine with me :?

No I've seen enough people swear, I'll stop before the game starts only to get wasted,then they have to drive home no thanks.

Their's nothing wrong with drinking as long as it's done in the right contexted and the right circumstances.

Drinking leads to driving which in turn could result in a untimely and unforseen death of a young or older persons untimely demise.

God knows we've all don't dumb shi* in the past we didn't learn anything? Or have you not buried a friend,love one, or know someone who's gone because of the intoxicating effects of alcohol.

Now, that being all said if a soda cost's 7.75 a pop I'd be pis*ed then to! :lol:

bamaupsman said:
Bama Bo said:

LMAO...now that's funny

bamaupsman said:
Bama Bo said:

Not interested in the pot, but a hooker or 2 could work.

I would have to say no, but for the sake of argument I see a few compromises. First, I wouldn't mind vendors selling beer, before the game, immediately outside the stadium. There's plenty of beer to go around out there anyways and we might as well save someone a walk (hopefully not drive) to the nearest store and pad our pockets. Likewise, if we were going to sell beer inside the stadium I say stop selling somewhere between the start of the game and half time (ideally the end of the first quarter). That way people will have a few hours to sober up before leaving.

Back
Top Bottom