| FTBL Shaun's a Redskin now.

500x500j.jpg

Great news. I'm really glad to see he landed with a good program.

I spent many years in DC. Got to go to a few Redskins games (not an easy ticket) and pulled for them for the most part back in the 80's (Riggins, Jacoby, hogs, etc).

I sure hope he can help them out. They may be able to take their division now. :)

Hail to the Redskins;
Hail Vic-to-ry;
Braves on the war path;
Fight! For ole' DC

I have NO IDEA why I posted their fight song. :D

Porter said:
Good for him. That is a good fit, and I know he's happy to be reunited with his buddy Chris Samuels.

I'd probably be a skins fan if he were there for his career. Talk about some smack talk going down with Campbell and Rogers also on the team. I'll definitely watch some Redskins games now.

With the Cowboys losing Romo and F. Jones for several weeks, (not to mention Pacman's new suspension - HaHa), it's a perfect opportunity for the Redskins to pile up some wins and make it a two-team race in the east between themselves and the Giants.

Congrats to Shaun. I'm sure he'll make a valuable contribution.

I actually sat beside him on the plane back to Seattle after the Bama/Ga. game and he said then that he thought it would be Chicago, Washington, or Philly. That week Chicago signed a running back so I figured it would Philly since their guy got his ribs busted but I don't know crap about the NFL. For what it's worth, Shaun said to forget all you've heard about being patient he thinks this is the year. He also said something funny about Hightower. He said, " when that dude learns his responsibilities he is going to be scary. Right now he's just running around hitting everything". I thought that was pretty funny. He also took time to sign an autograph for my seven year old, who is a huge fan. Shaun is a real class act and I hope him the best. I say more about his comments but don't want to take up too much space.

well i would actually like to hear some of the things he said...i met shaun at our high school..he used our practiced field and weight room when he played for bama..and im a huge fan of him.

ROLL TIDE

BamaFish13 said:
well i would actually like to hear some of the things he said...i met shaun at our high school..he used our practiced field and weight room when he played for bama..and im a huge fan of him.

ROLL TIDE

He said that when he was recruited that folks around his area assumed that he would go to Ohio State or another BigTen team. I asked what made him decide on Alabama and he said that during his visit he liked what he saw and thought that Coach Stallings was doing things right. He said, "the thing that did it for me, I liked that dude's voice".

He also told me that Alabama was setting up a pipeline for running backs from the Kentucky/Ohio area until Franchione brought in his style of offense and that pipeline dried up.

He said that he speaks to recruits often about what it means to play at Alabama, the tradition, the quest for excellence and what being part of the Alabama family meant.

Shaun is a class act. I know that in the ESPN sports era that talking crap, showing no class, and making a complete ass out of yourself is considered in voge but thats not the kind of person he is. To relate this to our current program, I am seeing freshmen act like champions and showing class on the field. It is impossible to overstate the amount of pride that I have in the amount of class the Tide shows on the field. Don't get me wrong I want to beat the living crap out of whoever we play but it is alot sweeter when the players and fans act like it not something new to us. Enough rant for now I'm ready for the Rebels.

Back
Top Bottom