| FTBL Shaun's a Redskin now.

cj6891 said:
BamaFish13 said:
well i would actually like to hear some of the things he said...i met shaun at our high school..he used our practiced field and weight room when he played for bama..and im a huge fan of him.

ROLL TIDE

He said that when he was recruited that folks around his area assumed that he would go to Ohio State or another BigTen team. I asked what made him decide on Alabama and he said that during his visit he liked what he saw and thought that Coach Stallings was doing things right. He said, "the thing that did it for me, I liked that dude's voice".

He also told me that Alabama was setting up a pipeline for running backs from the Kentucky/Ohio area until Franchione brought in his style of offense and that pipeline dried up.

He said that he speaks to recruits often about what it means to play at Alabama, the tradition, the quest for excellence and what being part of the Alabama family meant.

Shaun is a class act. I know that in the ESPN sports era that talking crap, showing no class, and making a complete ass out of yourself is considered in voge but thats not the kind of person he is. To relate this to our current program, I am seeing freshmen act like champions and showing class on the field. It is impossible to overstate the amount of pride that I have in the amount of class the Tide shows on the field. Don't get me wrong I want to beat the living crap out of whoever we play but it is alot sweeter when the players and fans act like it not something new to us. Enough rant for now I'm ready for the Rebels.

CJ, thanks for sharing this information. Those were two high quality posts.

RTR,

Tim

Back
Top Bottom