Sch 2013 56 Sr Tim Williams LB
Sch 2013 55 Sr Cole Mazza LS
Sch 2013 88 Sr O.J. Howard TE May-16
Sch 2016 11 Sr Gehrig Dieter WR May-16 Trf-I
WO 2013 41 Sr Blaine Anderson DB
WO 2013 47 Sr Bo Grant DB
WO 2014 46 Sr Derrick Garnett LB​
16 scholarship players 23 Seniors taking part of Senior Day

Seems they would allow Cam Robinson to participate.

I understand what Clemson did, but Senior Day is for those guys that completed their eligibility, gave their four years, and hopefully graduated. I see it as something special for those guys, not ones that were fan favorites, superstars, and guys that took money over a fourth year. Ultimately not one of the players cares about Senior Day, but I still see it as something only Seniors deserve to be a part of.

I understand what Clemson did, but Senior Day is for those guys that completed their eligibility, gave their four years, and hopefully graduated. I see it as something special for those guys, not ones that were fan favorites, superstars, and guys that took money over a fourth year. Ultimately not one of the players cares about Senior Day, but I still see it as something only Seniors deserve to be a part of.
So what did Clemson do?
I think it more for the family, Mother and Father, than the players?
You are talking about Sholly right?
I agree on this, so has Bama done it for someone that wasn't a Seniors?

So what did Clemson do?

i think he meant they chose to go pro (and get paid) vs. staying for their senior season.

So what did Clemson do?

Deshaun Watson, Wayne Gallman, Mike Williams, and I believe Artavous Scott were allowed to be recognized right beside the seniors as they informed Dabo that they did not plan to return next season.

Deshaun Watson, Wayne Gallman, Mike Williams, and I believe Artavous Scott were allowed to be recognized right beside the seniors as they informed Dabo that they did not plan to return next season.
Thanks! I didn't know this. This should only be for Senior only, but I guess it really up to him.

If we have a junior who is leaving and he's on pace to graduate this year, why not? What about redshirt juniors like Eddie Lacy, could he enjoy senior night?

in my opinion, no.

if they're not classified as seniors, why should they get to take part in the senior day, pre-game activities?

i get that a lot of non-senior players are very, very popular, but most of the great players (like Derrick Henry) didn't become seniors as they left early for the nfl. and i think that's great that they're talented enough to leave school early and try to make it in the nfl. but if they didn't stay in school long enough to be classified as seniors, then why should they be celebrated on senior day?

a junior is a junior, red shirt or not. yes, they may have been on the team the same amount of time as a senior, but technically they're not a senior. all that means is they were on the team an extra year, but didn't play their first year (in the most simplified terms).

in my opinion, no.

if they're not classified as seniors, why should they get to take part in the senior day, pre-game activities?

i get that a lot of non-senior players are very, very popular, but most of the great players (like Derrick Henry) didn't become seniors as they left early for the nfl. and i think that's great that they're talented enough to leave school early and try to make it in the nfl. but if they didn't stay in school long enough to be classified as seniors, then why should they be celebrated on senior day?

a junior is a junior, red shirt or not. yes, they may have been on the team the same amount of time as a senior, but technically they're not a senior. all that means is they were on the team an extra year, but didn't play their first year (in the most simplified terms).

Would a redshirt junior on the field not be a senior in the classroom?

Would a redshirt junior on the field not be a senior in the classroom?

possibly.

to be considered a senior at UA, you have to have completed a minimum of 90 credit-hours. the minimum required to be considered a full-time student is 12 credit hours per semester. if they only did the minimum, it would take 7.5 semesters to obtain 90 credit-hours. that equates to less than 4 total years if they stay on the standard school schedule (fall/winter and winter/spring). most students probably don't take summer classes, unless they want to make up a class they didn't pass or are trying to graduate early.

so you may very well be correct in that. i don't know how they classify them as seniors/juniors. but i'd like to know.....

possibly.

to be considered a senior at UA, you have to have completed a minimum of 90 credit-hours. the minimum required to be considered a full-time student is 12 credit hours per semester. if they only did the minimum, it would take 7.5 semesters to obtain 90 credit-hours. that equates to less than 4 total years if they stay on the standard school schedule (fall/winter and winter/spring). most students probably don't take summer classes, unless they want to make up a class they didn't pass or are trying to graduate early.

so you may very well be correct in that. i don't know how they classify them as seniors/juniors. but i'd like to know.....

Me too.

If we have a junior who is leaving and he's on pace to graduate this year, why not? What about redshirt juniors like Eddie Lacy, could he enjoy senior night?
Red shirt just mean he didn't play as a freshman, Right? So he is in fact, is a Senior, Right? Am I taking the red shirt wrong?

Red shirt just mean he didn't play as a freshman, Right? So he is in fact, is a Senior, Right? Am I taking the red shirt wrong?

No, you are correct. Obviously it depends on the number of hours he's sitting at, but if he took a full load, he would be a Senior in the classroom and a "Redshirt Junior" eligibility wise, hence how fifth year guys are enrolled in graduate programs. You can take close to maximum classes and make it work like Barrett Jones and some of those guys did, and you can have a Bachelor and Masters in four years, four and a half.

You are correct. Maybe the academic seniors are invited if they declare. But I think the problem would be, like an Eddie Lacy, coach doesn't want anyone discussing early NFL plans at this stage of the season. That would probably be his ultimate definition of clutter. Still, it would be interesting to know if this has already happened. Maybe have to send this one to TerryP?

I would be open to having guys that are "seniors in the classroom" but only juniors on the field participate in the Senior Day activities. Chances are, these kids aren't coming back anyway. More of these kids take classes in the summer than you realize, even if it is only 6 hours a summer term. Watson is considered a redshirt junior correct?

Back
Top Bottom