| NEWS SEC Media Days 2022: Thursday ~ AU, UT, and A&M

B

Bama News

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (July 12, 2022) - The Southeastern Conference today announced the official student-athlete attendee listing for 2022 SEC Football Kickoff Media Days presented by Regions, to be held at the College Football Hall of Fame and The Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center in Atlanta, Ga., July 18-21.

SEC Network will once again bring the four-day event to a national audience.

The event is set to begin at 11 a.m. ET on Monday.

2022 Football Media Days Student-Athlete Attendees

Alabama
Will Anderson Jr., LB, Junior
Jordan Battle, DB, Senior
Bryce Young, QB, Junior

Arkansas
Jalen Catalon, S, Junior
KJ Jefferson, QB, Junior
Bumper Pool, LB, Senior

Auburn
Tank Bigsby, RB, Junior
Derick Hall, Edge, Senior
John Samuel Shenker, TE, Senior

Florida
Anthony Richardson, QB, Sophomore
Richard Gouraige, OL, Junior
Ventrell Miller, LB, Senior

Georgia
Stetson Bennett, QB, Senior
Nolan Smith, LB, Senior
Sedrick Van Pran, OL, Sophomore

Kentucky
Will Levis, QB, Senior
Kenneth Horsey, OG, Senior
DeAndre Square, ILB, Senior

LSU
Jack Bech, WR, Sophomore
Mike Jones, Jr., LB, Junior
BJ Ojulari, DE, Junior

Ole Miss
Nick Broeker, OL, Senior
Cedric Johnson, DE, Junior
Jonathan Mingo, WR, Senior

Mississippi State
Jaden Crumedy, DT, Graduate Senior
Nathaniel Watson, LB, Graduate Senior
Austin Williams, WR, Graduate Senior

Missouri
Barrett Banister, WR, Graduate Senior
Martez Manuel, DB, Senior
Isaiah McGuire, DL, Senior

South Carolina
Jovaughn Gwyn, OL, Senior
Dakereon Joyner, WR, Senior
Zacch Pickens, DL, Senior

Tennessee
Trevon Flowers, S, Senior
Hendon Hooker, QB, Graduate Senior
Cedric Tillman, WR, Graduate Senior

Texas A&M
Demani Richardson, DB, Senior
Layden Robinson, OL, Junior
Ainias Smith, WR/AP, Senior

Vanderbilt
Ben Bresnahan, TE, Graduate Senior
Anfernee Orji, LB, Senior
Mike Wright, QB, Junior

Talking season is upon us and SEC Network boasts 46 hours of original programming surrounding the 2022 SEC Kickoff Presented by Regions, the most in the network's history. SEC This Morning, SEC Now and The Paul Finebaum Show will showcase complete coverage from the annual media days event.

An expansive roster of college football analysts will contribute to SEC Network's presence in Atlanta, including Tim Tebow, Jordan Rodgers, Greg McElroy, Roman Harper, Paul Finebaum, Benjamin Watson and Chris Doering. Studio hosts for the four-day conference media day kickoff include Laura Rutledge, Joe Tessitore, Peter Burns, Alyssa Lang and Finebaum.

SEC This Morning

SEC This Morning Presented by Bush's Beans
, hosted by Peter Burns and Chris Doering, returns for its fourth SEC Kickoff. The duo delves into all things SEC, with all the headlines, highlights and hijinks from around the conference. The show will be simulcast on SEC Network live from College Football Hall of Fame, and will air at 8 a.m. ET on Monday, July 18 and then at 7 a.m. the rest of the week until the start of each day's podium action. The show is simulcast on Sirius XM channel 374.

SEC Now

SEC Now: 2022 SEC Kickoff Presented by Regions
will have full coverage from Atlanta beginning Monday, July 18 at 11 a.m., with analysis and insight of the day's proceedings. Coaches and players from all 14 SEC teams will stop by the set during their time at the media event. Laura Rutledge, Joe Tessitore, Alyssa Lang and Peter Burns will rotate duties in the anchor chair, with nearly two dozen hours of SEC Now surrounding all 14 coaches' podium trips.

The Paul Finebaum Show

The network's coverage will also be anchored by The Paul Finebaum Show Presented by Regions each afternoon, with various coaches, players and media cycling through the SEC Network set. The show, which will have reaction to the latest news and buzz of the annual college football kickoff event, will also air on ESPN Radio.

Additional Programming Highlights:

Marty & McGee: Talkin' Season Presented by Bush's Beans - Marty Smith and Ryan McGee chat with all 14 head coaches and several student-athletes, meeting at the crossroads of southern culture and college football. This is the fourth SEC Kickoff for the duo, who became the talk of talking season back in 2018 when asking what side coaches stood on: biscuits or cornbread. The conversations will be produced into two specials, which will air at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, August 15 and Tuesday, August 16.

Year of the Dawg - an hour-long documentary special on Georgia's first College Football Playoff National Championship crown.

Podium Pressers - All 16 press conferences, including the 14 SEC head football coaches, Commissioner Greg Sankey and SEC Coordinator of Football Officials John McDaid, will be available in their entirety on SEC Network+.

SEC Network Social and Digital: SEC Network social and digital will have full, on-site coverage from the College Football Hall of Fame, including exclusive behind-the-scenes highlights, digital content on SECNetwork.com, sponsored Instagram Stories Presented by Bush's Beans and more.

For full details regarding ESPN's comprehensive coverage of conference media days, please visit ESPNPressRoom.com.

SEC Network Programming - SEC Kickoff Presented by Regions
DATETIME (ET)PROGRAMMING
Mon, Jul 188 a.m.SEC This Morning Presented by Bush's Beans
11 a.m.SEC Now Presented by Regions
4:30 p.m.The Paul Finebaum Show Presented by Regions (radio only from 3-4:30 p.m.)
7 p.m.Year of the Dawg
Tue, Jul 197 a.m.SEC This Morning Presented by Bush's Beans
9 a.m.SEC Now Presented by Regions
3 p.m.The Paul Finebaum Show Presented by Regions
Wed, Jul 207 a.m.SEC This Morning Presented by Bush's Beans
Thu, Jul 217 a.m.SEC This Morning Presented by Bush's Beans

Random observation: This year opens with no QB's on day one and no QB's on day four.

Monday, July 18​

LSU (12:35 p.m.) -- Coach Brian Kelly | WR Jack Bech, LB Mike Jones, Jr., DE BJ Ojulari
Ole Miss (2:30 p.m.) -- Coach Lane Kiffin | WR Jonathan Mingo, DE Cedric Johnson, OL Nick Broeker
Missouri (3:55 p.m.) -- Coach Eli Drinkwitz | WR Barrett Banister, DB Martez Manuel, DL Isaiah McGuire

Is it just me, or does it appear to you that Kiffin here is gesturing with his hands similar to CNS?

Idk, this is probably the first interview I've seen of his since he left here.

Odd coincidence: I happen to be working in Oxford today, getting some student apartments back online... Lol

Atta baby, William. Gonna be a fun one to watch.

I'm sure William Anderson will be the focus of a lot of double and triple teams this year, so I'm not expecting him to kill it stat wise like the last couple of years. I say expect, but I'm not saying he won't. Just expecting every team to not let him beat them. That being said, I think it opens up Dallas Turner for a breakout season. There is zero way you block both, so I imagine they'll focus on the older and more known played in Anderson. Buy that Turner stock if you haven't already.

Atta baby, William. Gonna be a fun one to watch.

I'm sure William Anderson will be the focus of a lot of double and triple teams this year, so I'm not expecting him to kill it stat wise like the last couple of years. I say expect, but I'm not saying he won't. Just expecting every team to not let him beat them. That being said, I think it opens up Dallas Turner for a breakout season. There is zero way you block both, so I imagine they'll focus on the older and more known played in Anderson. Buy that Turner stock if you haven't already.
We have three real good edger and Saban will get them on field.... Braswell, Turner and Anderson.

@It Takes Eleven couldn't help but think of you.

When you show up to a bar in a loin cloth, @TerryP I'm always going to be overdressed.

This story gets a little more wayward with every reference. For the record, I met with the board of directors of a Charleston bank, and then I scraped up TerryP and hauled him to his favorite dive bar/investment property. I dropped the coat and the tie, but short of finding Hulk-like strength to rip up my shirt, it was what it was.

I will say I'm much more casual than when we had that afternoon, Terry. I've moved from heavy to medium starch.

When I heard Leach going off about neck ties I started wondering which industry would be the last bastion. I had to spend part of the morning of the 3rd at Roper and one of the things that struck me was the lack of the ol' dress shirt and tie normally found in hospital surroundings. That led me to thinking about which industries still "required" that type of attire. They are fewer and farther between with each passing day.

When you show up to a bar in a loin cloth, @TerryP I'm always going to be overdressed.

This story gets a little more wayward with every reference. For the record, I met with the board of directors of a Charleston bank, and then I scraped up TerryP and hauled him to his favorite dive bar/investment property. I dropped the coat and the tie, but short of finding Hulk-like strength to rip up my shirt, it was what it was.

I will say I'm much more casual than when we had that afternoon, Terry. I've moved from heavy to medium starch.
slow-clap-clap.gif

Yeah back in the 1900's when I was in high school, I worked at the local K-mart. All men in all departments were required to wear a tucked in shirt and neck tie.
Casual Friday's: you don't have to wear the tie, but it's still business attire.

Casual Friday's today: no open toed sandals or flip flops.

Yeah back in the 1900's when I was in high school, I worked at the local K-mart. All men in all departments were required to wear a tucked in shirt and neck tie.

I worked at the Tuscaloosa store while I was at UA, specifically the garden center. I didn't wear a button down, tie, and the apron fully in because I was working outside. The district manager came by one day with the store manager. She stopped and gave me the stare down; I didn't have to dress any differently though.

Back
Top Bottom