| MBB/WBB đźŹ€ Second Half Comeback Lifts No. 14/13 Alabama Past Ole Miss, 103-88

Far from their only issue, but easy to see how much Wrightsell means to this team, offense specifically. As for the guys on the court, Oats needs to unplug Griffen and Walters at half, count to 10, and plug them back in. Terrible 1st half for both of them in just about every way imaginable. Love the way the team closed out the half though...

Walters doesn't do it for me. I just don't see his value. I'm missing something since Oats keeps playing him, but I just don't get it. Griffin going on spurts is the only thing that keeps him pkaying, because he is an absolute mess most of the time, but then he'll hit a streak and look good.

Walters doesn't do it for me. I just don't see his value. I'm missing something since Oats keeps playing him, but I just don't get it. Griffin going on spurts is the only thing that keeps him pkaying, because he is an absolute mess most of the time, but then he'll hit a streak and look good.

He's green, but he's going to be good. He's the best spot up shooter on the entire team already. He's got to get better on defense, and he will... he just needs to keep improving.

Well much better after the first 15 minutes. Still maddening D but the offense is just so good any lead that is not 30 is not safe aginst these guys. Winning road games anytime is a great day.

Did you know that out of the top 70 teams in Ken Pom that Bama has the #2 and #3 most accurate three point percentage shooters in the nation? AND, that Nelson is one of those two?

Aaron Estrada collects the fourth triple-double in program history to lead the Crimson Tide to its 20th win of the season

OXFORD, Miss.
– Alabama's Aaron Estrada became the third player in program history to record a triple-double as he helped lead the No. 14/13 Crimson Tide men's basketball team past Ole Miss, 103-88, Wednesday night on the road at the SJB Pavilion. With the victory, UA earned its 20th win of the year (20-8, 12-3 SEC) and has now recorded back-to-back 20-win seasons for the first time since 2012-13.

Behind Estrada's performance, Alabama erased a 14-point first half deficit to come back from double digits on the road for the second time in SEC play (won at Georgia). However, it wasn't only Estrada's play that helped lift the team to the win, as Mark Sears scored a team-high 26 points while Davin Cosby came off the bench to contribute a career-best 15 points on 5-of-10 shooting from deep.

The Rebels (19-9, 6-9) were led by Allen Flanigan's 28 points off the bench, while Jaemyn Brakefield added 21 points.

Head Coach Nate Oats Postgame Comments​

"A lot of credit to their (Ole Miss) coaching staff. They were ready to come out and play and we did not do a great job at the start of the game. They were obviously much more ready to play than we were. I give them a lot of credit for having their guys ready to go and we need to do a better job on defense out of the gate. We got down 14 points, and I thought our guys showed a ton of character and a lot of grit. We were down 16 at Georgia, so we've done this before and we have been able to come back. I thought our defense really kicked in the gear and we were able to take a lead and build it up."

Did you know that out of the top 70 teams in Ken Pom that Bama has the #2 and #3 most accurate three point percentage shooters in the nation? AND, that Nelson is one of those two?

I did not, but I can believe it. Nelson has been big for us, so it confuses me in the game threads why folks are so down on him at times.

I did not, but I can believe it. Nelson has been big for us, so it confuses me in the game threads why folks are so down on him at times.
Pick the social medium; here, Insta, you name it and read over the reactions and comments from the first half. Then look for comments about the last 10 minutes and Bama putting up almost 40.

You'll find the later this morning...slowly coming out. Last night was all about the first several minutes with a lot of fans.

Back
Top Bottom