| MBB/WBB SEC fans "state of mind" when it comes to coaches in the conference. Do you remember how you felt when UK hired Cal?

TerryP

Staff
Take a second and think about how you felt about Cal when he came to Kentucky.

We knew what happened at UMASS. "The N.C.A.A. found years ago that Calipari’s star player, Marcus Camby, had accepted large sums of cash and services, not the least the ministrations of a prostitute, from a couple of scalawag agents. The N.C.A.A. fined the university $151,000 and forced the Minutemen to vacate postseason victories and the Final Four appearance."

After his little stint in the NBA he shows up at Memphis and once again we saw the NCAA knocking on another door and Calipari for the second time.

When he was hired at UK, how'd you feel? A "cheater" coming to the SEC? Outside of one team, UK, I recall 11 other fan bases pointing to him as a guy who violations follow.

Now, today, what rep does Cal have in the SEC? IF you were to make a list of the most disliked coaches, where does he fall?

I started thinking about this the other day and realized he's a bit down the list. Personally, I can't stand Musselman. He just rubs me the wrong way every time I see anytihng from him. Now, with Pearl in the conference, Wade and his shenanigans, Cal isn't that "disliked" any longer. I still don't trust him farther than I can spit, but good lord. I have to admit I hold him in higher regard than a handful of guys we'll see this season.

Weird how that's changed over the last decade, isn't it?

I started thinking about this the other day and realized he's a bit down the list. Personally, I can't stand Musselman. He just rubs me the wrong way every time I see anytihng from him. Now, with Pearl in the conference, Wade and his shenanigans, Cal isn't that "disliked" any longer. I still don't trust him farther than I can spit, but good lord. I have to admit I hold him in higher regard than a handful of guys we'll see this season.

Weird how that's changed over the last decade, isn't it?

HA! Amazing! :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom