| MBB/WBB SEC / Big 12 Challenge: Alabama vs Oklahoma ~ 11 AM CT on ESPN.

Would be nice to get a few calls, hit lay ups and free throws. These guys need to get back in the gym and do some shooting. Teams are not going to give them open shots from the 3 point line any longer. Stop the stupid top seed final 4 talk. These guys have played mediocre for 3 games and this one bit them. Pathetic game!!!!

Also have to try and get Jones healthy if possible.
No doubt and Quinerly has not gotten back to where he was before he was out with covid or whatever the medical condition was. They also called some fouls on Jones that was just ridiculous. The offensive foul when all he did was hand the ball off to one of our players. The other was when the OU player caught him with and elbow in the nose and called foul on Jones. Just bad officiating.

Bad thing is if OU is at full strength Bama is probably not even in the game.

Would be nice to get a few calls, hit lay ups and free throws. These guys need to get back in the gym and do some shooting. Teams are not going to give them open shots from the 3 point line any longer. Stop the stupid top seed final 4 talk. These guys have played mediocre for 3 games and this one bit them. Pathetic game!!!!

honestly have never seen any team shoot so poorly in the paint and around the bucket....
Its almost funny...
And ."home cooking" didnt help.... as announcers said over n over n over...

We had 11 points off the bench. And all from one player. Won’t win any games like that. And especially when Herb only puts up 4 shots. Strange game. Like watching a different team. Clunky, out of sync, got some bad calls, just a weird game. Need to get it behind us. Have to win these type to advance in the tournament. Amazingly we were still in the game with 30 seconds left after all the crap mentioned above.

Shit happens they are not going to win every game OU is good they just beat Kansas and Texas. I thought this was very likely a loss.
Need to get JQ going he has disappeared the last two games did not score today. I would play Hilton instead of Rojas who is useless on the offensive end. This loss might help in the long run at least it came OOC.

We shot very badly today, but none if that compares to the pathetic refs and several horrible calls. Even the commentators made many comments about it in Oklahoma's favor. I think you can say they had an impact in the final result.

honestly have never seen any team shoot so poorly in the paint and around the bucket....
Its almost funny...
And ."home cooking" didnt help.... as announcers said over n over n over...
Did not check the free throw percentage so I may have been off on that but they did miss a couple down the stretch. The layups missed at crucial times were also tough. Something I have not figured out all year how does Shackelford not get some foul calls for three point opportunities when he ends up on the floor after some of those drives into the lane shots? Surely one or two of those he got hacked on.

They did play hard and pretty good D except for one stretch when OU pushed it to a 11 point lead. They then answered and took a 1 point lead but could not keep it going. OU is a good not great team. Could be looking at a losing streak if they do not start hitting some shots again. They kept showing the shooting percentage and Bama was somewhere around 47% which did not even feel right. They did have a slew of turnovers early which is problematic and just gives you a bigger hill to climb.

Despite all of the good points above, we played great D on the last key possession and the guy just dropped a fadeaway rainbow in the bottom of the bucket. We get a stop there and the game is completely up for grabs. We were there at the end, despite everything else.

I couldn't imagine watching a college basketball game with a bunch of money riding on it.

OU cinched the game on a shot that Bama is not even permitted to take. A 14' jumper. I like Oats, but shooting ONLY layups and 3s is a stupid philosophy IMO.

For whatever reason Reece thinks hes a good 3 point shooter....3-10 today. Tough game, 11am start on the road, we still struggle at times hitting a layup, some are still too out of control that's just turns in to a turnover.

This team was picked to finish 5th in the SEC. At this point they are 14-4 and in 1st place by 3 games. So I don't get the pessimism. Going into today's game there were 10 games left as I looked at the remaining schedule last night realistically I could see this team finishing 6-4 and we got one of those loses today.

Back
Top Bottom