| FTBL Say Something Nice About the State of Alabama

+1 For Conecuh sausage. I always buy the 4-pound packs (1 ea. of Original and Hickory) when I go to Costco. And they never last long. I guess I need to start buying 2 of each.

Alabama is my home. I was born and raised here. I'll never call anywhere else home. I've lived in other states, but they were never home. This state gets a bad rap because most people are shown only the bad parts. They get to see only the backwoods. redneck, hillbilly people and think that everyone from Alabama is like that. But we all know that's not true. Also, every state has their rednecks, hillbillies, and backwoods people; even states like California and New York. When most people hear those words (California and New York), they think of L.A,. or NYC. But those states are more than just 1 city. I lived in central California for 6 months. And it was NOTHING like you'd see on TV or in the movies. There are no big cities like L.A. There's a lot of hard working people just trying to live their lives. They're not trying to be anything else than who they are. And, yes, there were some rednecks (no, not talking about myself, lol). And I've talked to people from the state of New York who said that there are definitely some redneck type people who live there and are from there. Upstate New York is some of the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen (only in pics, never actually been there). And Alabama has some scenery that rivals it, if not outright beats it.

It's been a long time since I've been to north Alabama and seen the trees that go on for miles and miles and the hills covered in fall foliage. But I HAVE seen it, in person. And it is some of the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen. And a lot of south Alabama is like that, too. Basically most of the stuff between Huntsville and Birmingham, and Birmingham and Montgomery, and Montgomery and Mobile. You have to get out and drive a little bit to see it, but they're there. Get away from the cities and you'll start seeing some beautiful places.

Home to the top aerospace and space exploration facilities in the country
Home to one of the top cancer research hospitals in the country
Home to one of the top athletic programs in the country
Home to some of the best beaches in the country
Home to the top-selling country group artists of all time

I am working on it...

****Lake Lurleen state park....such an awesome beautiful place

****The university of Alabama ....RollTide ( given me more great memories than anyone deserves...

***The place where the BEAR ( and my family who have passed) chose to
spend eternity...not a bad final resting place...

****The beautiful Gulf and my memories( glad my mom didnt find out about some things)

****Lake Guntersville...ummmm...

Alabama The Beautiful

Last edited:
Sk33tr i couldn't have said it better! Live in Huntsville and I too have lived on other states thru my lifetime including Minnesota, and yes they have rednecks there too. Nice folks that live there but THE WEATHER! And their liberal politics are atrocious. Funny how people mock our state but Yankees are moving down here in droves because their economy sucks and they can't afford to live there or can't find a job. I welcome them but like some great statesman once said " Yankees are like fish, their ok for a week or so but after that they begin to stink " Roll Tide forever.

Came into this world in Alabama and I will go out of this world in Alabama. Been to other places, seen other things that are beautiful and amazing, but at the end of the day I've never had the urge to say, "this is the place," this is where I belong.... don't know how to explain it other than they were just not Alabama, probably a little biased, maybe a touch prideful, but in all honesty, I truly believe there's something "different" that sets the people and state apart from anywhere I've been.

My home's in Alabama, no matter where I lay my head.
I'm in the Heart of Dixie, Dixie's in the heart of me. That line always gets me.

Whether it's My Home's in Alabama, Riley Green's Bury Me in Dixie "Mount Cheaha is my Everest, and the Coosa is my Nile...God bless Alabama from sea to Tennessee, I'll rest in peace if they bury me in Dixie", or The Steel Wood's The Rock That Says My Name, it's all about where you're from.

Bama is home, even though my work has taken me away for about 25 of the last 26 years. The last couple of years I've been able to split much of my time here. My wife gives me a hard time when people ask me where I'm from and I'll always say I live in Kennesaw, GA, but originally I'm from Alabama. She met a guy the other day who was planning some work on one of their stores, and she asked him where he was from and he gave a similar response. Turns out he grew up about 15-20 miles from me.

RTR,

Tim

Back
Top Bottom