| FTBL Safety starting opposite Johnson still not determined...

TerryP

Staff
Going back to conversations we've had in the past. Specifically, all the LSU fans saying you can't get any information from Saban on how the team is progressing.

Yesterday, in his press conference, when asked about Javy Saban mentioned we have 3 defensive backs that know their assignments and play consistently; Johnson, Jackson and Javy.

Noticeably absent, at least to me, was the other safety.

I've thought all along that Barron could likely take the other safety role by Arkansas. Others have thought Woodall to be the guy and he still may be the guy.

But, I'd say it's a safe statement that he isn't the guy as of this morning or he would have been mentioned.

Woodall has never really do anything to distance himself from the players behind him. Not saying that he isn't playing well, but he just doesn't seem to be making the plays that he needs to be in order to make him the clear cut starter.

BamaFan615 said:
Woodall has never really do anything to distance himself from the players behind him. Not saying that he isn't playing well, but he just doesn't seem to be making the plays that he needs to be in order to make him the clear cut starter.

TBD, is how I see it...though I have to add I thought Woodall did pretty well in the bowl game this past year as well as in spring ball.

woodall has never seemed to be as consistent as he needs to be, BUT that kid lays some for real hits and could be a game changer. he takes good angles and has good timing on people that are catching the ball... he's head huntin'

Back
Top Bottom