| FTBL Saban's salary incentives

BamaGradinTN

Verified Member
You all have probably already seen this article today:

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/kscarbinsky.ssf?/base/sports/1226394968270460.xml&coll=2

Here are some additional salary incentives I wish were in his contract:

Have the #1 recruiting class on Rivals: $50,000
Player decommits from UT, LSU, or AU and commits to Bama: $25,000 per star.
Getting a BCS conference coach fired: $50,000
Getting an SEC coach fired: $100,000
Getting the Great Pumpkin fired: $500,000
$100,000 for every minute left on the clock when the MDB cranks up Rammer Jammer on Nov. 29.
Getting Tuberville fired: $1,000,000

Feel free to add your own suggestions.

This is why we are getting a steal with what we are paying Saban. I'm not even talking about ticket sales, donations, licensed merchandise & memorabilia, etc... that have all blasted off since his hiring... just look at the return on investment that we get in one year for making a BCS game.

2009 Projected Payout/Team: $17.5 million

Yeah. That is 16x what was paid out for spending Christmas in Shreveport.

i just wonder how much of a bonus it really is when you are bringing in $350K a month... granted I wouldn't turn down another $600K to pay my taxes, just funny how much it is when you think that "Saban makes $4M a year".

Porter said:
This is why we are getting a steal with what we are paying Saban. I'm not even talking about ticket sales, donations, licensed merchandise & memorabilia, etc... that have all blasted off since his hiring... just look at the return on investment that we get in one year for making a BCS game.

2009 Projected Payout/Team: $17.5 million

Yeah. That is 16x what was paid out for spending Christmas in Shreveport.

Porter you are da man. My season has been awesome thanks to CNS. He deserves every penny NOW! Considering the alternative...shreveport...

Mal now has leverage for the stadium expansion that was mentioned in another article.

planomateo said:
i just wonder how much of a bonus it really is when you are bringing in $350K a month... granted I wouldn't turn down another $600K to pay my taxes, just funny how much it is when you think that "Saban makes $4M a year".

He gives quite a bit of money to charity. No telling what he'd would do with an extra 600 clams, but I would think the Nick's Kids Treasurer would be making a run to the bank.

Back
Top Bottom