| FTBL saban's press conference

did you here the press conference? saban was'nt happy about one of his assistants getting a phone call late saturday night from a pissed off fan.some believe it may have been a board member. do you believe a board member would do something like that?
it sounded like saban was really upset about it and called it classless.what do ya'll think about it?

I did hear the PC, but I'm not sure of where the "board member" speculation is coming from. I understood that the call came from a "fan".

Regardless...

Classless? Yes.

Surprised that it happened? Can't say that I am, sadly. It is just further evidence that our fringe fans are made up of complete trash.

Porterhouse said:
Classless? Yes.

Surprised that it happened? Can't say that I am, sadly. It is just further evidence that our fringe fans are made up of complete trash.

Totally agree. I wish we could somehow feed those fans to the Barn. I'd rather have them sellout and go to another team than disgrace the rest of us sane fans. :roll:

I wonder how they got his number. :?:

If it was a forum member on here, they deserved to be punched in the throat and kicked to the curb.

If anyone is going to drive Saban out of here, it's going to be the fans. From that nasty white trash bimbo lot lizard that laid a kiss on him when he arrived on campus to this crap about calling coaches at their home. When will people stop to think rationally? :roll:

Plain and simple....People are stupid!

I am as rabid and as gung-ho as the next person. I'm upset when we lose, I feel it in the pit of my stomach like a bad dinner at a Chinese restaurant.

Nonetheless how stupid do you have to be. Bout like most of the folks that call in to the post game show with Chris Stewart and Tyler Watts. Why do you think coach did this or why didn't they do that. They were trying to win the ball game stupid. Now hang up your freakin' cell phone and concentrate on driving, because if your too stupid to think rationally, God knows you don't need to be multi-tasking while driving. :evil:

Porterhouse said:
I did hear the PC, but I'm not sure of where the "board member" speculation is coming from. I understood that the call came from a "fan".

Regardless...

Classless? Yes.

Do the assistant coach's have listed phone numbers?

Getting one of the staff's phone numbers isn't that difficult. You have to consider there are a bunch of coaching staff's out there with access to the staff and I'm sure all the recruits that have been contacted have them also.

FWIW, my understanding is the call was made to Applewhite.

You wouldn't think that they would have listed phone numbers. Also, I hope that CNS realizes that even if someone calls and pretends to be a Bama fan, it doesn't necessarily have to be that it is one. From what I have seen, AU and LSU fans are so jealous of us right now that they would do anything to undermine us.

rammajamma said:
You wouldn't think that they would have listed phone numbers. Also, I hope that CNS realizes that even if someone calls and pretends to be a Bama fan, it doesn't necessarily have to be that it is one. From what I have seen, AU and LSU fans are so jealous of us right now that they would do anything to undermine us.

..bit of a reach.

GoodScotch said:
..bit of a reach.

Agree

If anything it was just another delusional fan thinking we'd get a NC every year from here on out and pissed we lost to a SEC team that came in to win :roll:

So does this kind of stuff happen a lot? This really makes us look bad considering the way the media has been potraying us? Did Shula ever get calls? I really don't want stupid crap to run Saban off.

Argo said:
I'd like to know the name of the individual who made that call. Surely that information can be found out and posted all over the net.

Same here. I mean, if they were able to find out Applewhites phone number, surely the same could be said for the individual that called. I just hope to God it wasn't some 3rd string teammate who might of slipped out personal numbers of the staff.

TerryP said:
Getting one of the staff's phone numbers isn't that difficult. You have to consider there are a bunch of coaching staff's out there with access to the staff and I'm sure all the recruits that have been contacted have them also.

FWIW, my understanding is the call was made to Applewhite.

Thanks Terry. I wasn't sure how easy it was to get access to one of the staff's numbers, so maybe that's where the other rumor was coming from. The bad thing is, all of us as fans will get put into the same category as this idiot (whether they were a simple fan, or the University President IMO, they're still an idiot). I know I should be used to it by now, but I hate the fact that all Bama fans are judged by the actions of an ignorant few. The fans that I know may get their hopes a little high from time to time, but they aren't insane. They just love and support their team, win or lose, and want to see them succeed. But, I suppose those kinds of fans just don't make for interesting talk radio and sports articles.

GoodScotch said:
rammajamma said:

..bit of a reach.

It may be a bit of a reach, but it would not surprise me one bit--the motive not so much jealousy as simply a prank call by a drunk rival fan, for all we know maybe even by an obnoxious Georgia fan. I understand they really got full of themselves after the game.

Barner was the first thing that came to my mind, though. Things are going too well down on the Bayou right now for the Red Stick faithful to even give this a second thought. November is still a few weeks away.

I don't know who called, but don't forget "secret witnesses", Phil Fulmer and Gene Jelks. Don't ever put it past anyone to do anything vindictive toward Alabama.

We won't find out who called, but I'm embarassed for them as a person. I hope Applewhite didn't take it too seriously or personally.

I had a bad game experience for many reasons. I was embarassed by some things our fans did, but that was nothing compared to this.

bear facts said:
GoodScotch said:
rammajamma said:

..bit of a reach.

It may be a bit of a reach, but it would not surprise me one bit--the motive not so much jealousy as simply a prank call by a drunk rival fan, for all we know maybe even by an obnoxious Georgia fan. I understand they really got full of themselves after the game.

Barner was the first thing that came to my mind, though. Things are going too well down on the Bayou right now for the Red Stick faithful to even give this a second thought. November is still a few weeks away.
I think you hit the nail on the head. Theres people out there that hate us so bad they want to stir up trouble any way they can and they wont stop at nothing to cause problems.

Back
Top Bottom