| FTBL Saban's comments on Cody...(Out a few weeks?) Links

RussB said:
AlabamaSlammer said:
Watching the trainers with his leg he tore his ACL like I am recovering from. It sucks, but I hope it isn't true. We need him the rest of the year. But they showed the trainers doing the test they do on me with my ACL and it was gone.

There is absolutely no way you could tell by watching on T.V whether he tore his ACL by watching the trainers. For one thing, when they are doing those tests they aren't really looking at anything, they are feeling for the leg to respond like it is supposed to when subjected to various stresses. He may have torn his ACL ( I doubt it), but there is no way you could make that call.

For your information you can tell if the ACL is torn by the way you bend the leg at the knee cap. I know because I'm going through my 3rd one right now. Lachman's test, Google.com, use it sometime.

AlabamaSlammer said:
RussB said:
AlabamaSlammer said:
Watching the trainers with his leg he tore his ACL like I am recovering from. It sucks, but I hope it isn't true. We need him the rest of the year. But they showed the trainers doing the test they do on me with my ACL and it was gone.

There is absolutely no way you could tell by watching on T.V whether he tore his ACL by watching the trainers. For one thing, when they are doing those tests they aren't really looking at anything, they are feeling for the leg to respond like it is supposed to when subjected to various stresses. He may have torn his ACL ( I doubt it), but there is no way you could make that call.

For your information you can tell if the ACL is torn by the way you bend the leg at the knee cap. I know because I'm going through my 3rd one right now. Lachman's test, Google.com, use it sometime.

It's a test. It's not something done because you have a torn ACL, but something done to check if you do have a torn ACL. They generally perform this on any such knee injury.

AlabamaSlammer said:
RussB said:
AlabamaSlammer said:

actually you're looking for gapping with the leg slightly bent by pulling posterior to anterior or back to front on the lower leg just below the knee. that test is for ACL.

what they were doing when the camera was on Cody was a medial collateral ligament test which, from my vantage point, was positive... meaning he has most likely severely sprained or torn his medial collateral ligament test. hard to say from the angle that the camera gave but it looked positive to me.

i hope i'm wrong, but he probably won't play the rest of the year.

AlabamaSlammer said:
RussB said:
AlabamaSlammer said:

I don't need to use Google to tell you that you can't eyeball a precise test from afar and make a physician's call, just because you have had the same test performed on you.

AlabamaSlammer said:
RussB said:
AlabamaSlammer said:

when i SPRAINED my knee, they did that test. when i dislocated my knee CAP they did that test. they do that test whenever there is a knee injury, no matter what it is. u do not know if he tore it or not by watching them do that test. they do it for all knee injuries, period.

Back
Top Bottom