| FTBL Saban's comments from this evening...

• Thread starter imported_Porter
  • Start date
I

imported_Porter

-Mike McCoy and Preston Dial are still "very questionable" for the KY game.

-They have made some changes on special teams. Saban said he has seen improvement this week.

He also had some interesting comments on kickers and QB's learning to tackle, and the rules about how many players can dress out for conference games and why he thinks it is a dumb rule. If/When a linkable video surfaces later, I'll post it.

***Edit***

This one might work, it appears to be a free link...
http://alabama.rivals.com/video.asp?sid=885&vidtype=publisher&vidid=6624

The guy could bust rocks and make diamonds out his... :shock: :lol:

Gotta give it to this man and his interviews. it never gets old :lol:

Loved the part about all players should learn tackling. I gotta agree. With todays athletes, you need every guy out there with an ability to lay a lick.

I just got through watching the UGA game again. (Mainly because I don't feel like writing my paper :D ) And yes, the Kicker and whoever else needs to learn how to tackle! I'm thinking he threw QB in there to be nice.

This is what we paid for. This is what Nick Saban came back to the college game for. It really looks more and more like a match made in heaven.

I truly believe the man when he says his next stop is on a lake in northern Georgia. He'd be crazy not to love us and we'd be crazy not to love him.

Folks, I feel really good about our future. I remember Bryant in the years in the 70's when he coached the coaches and everybody was scared of him and we still kicked the crap out of our opponents. I happen to think that Bryant's best years were in the 60's which I don't remember as well.

I believe that Saban is at his peak right now. We are truly witnessing a period that you younger guys can tell your grandkids about. You may not remember Bryant, but you can always say you remember when Saban turned the program around only to win ?? national championships. The first one may or may not be this year - but the man is going to do it.

God I love this.

Roll Tide!!!

I loved the part about investing in the meter to measure what percent a player was at. If I'm not mistaken that was a joke and he smiled :shock: ...

I love Saban's press conferences. You can tell the man is speaking with conviction....he definitely practices what he preaches. That right there is a major positive and i look forward to having ol' Saban around for years to come. Even if we don't get the national championship this year, there has been enough signs and progress even until this point of the season, to prove that this team is for real and Saban will have them dominating for a long time to come.

ROOOOOLLLLLL TIDDEEEE!!!!!!!

RussB said:
I loved the part about investing in the meter to measure what percent a player was at. If I'm not mistaken that was a joke and he smiled :shock: ...

Well, he said a meter wouldn't matter - even if one existed. They guy is either ready to play at 100% or he's not. Eighty percent isn't good enough.

Porter said:

-They have made some changes on special teams. Saban said he has seen improvement this week.

He also had some interesting comments on kickers and QB's learning to tackle, and the rules about how many players can dress out for conference games and why he thinks it is a dumb rule. If/When a linkable video surfaces later, I'll post it.

***Edit***

Compared to Casey Dick, our QB's have always been Brian Urlachers.

shipley00 said:
Porter said:

***Edit***

Compared to Casey Dick, our QB's have always been Brian Urlachers.

I think we can agree that Fitz/Tiffen .... not Lane Bearden. :D

Well Tiffin was quoted in another article I read saying that he just wanted to kick the ball and be able to jog off the field. I get the feeling when Nick said "you have to want to" that He and Tiffin may have had a talk.

BAMAFSTBACK said:
Well Tiffin was quoted in another article I read saying that he just wanted to kick the ball and be able to jog off the field. I get the feeling when Nick said "you have to want to" that He and Tiffin may have had a talk.

He's been getting one on one attn. with Saban this week...

Back
Top Bottom