| FTBL Saban talks about his future and recruiting rules...

I was just about to link the same article. :lol:

I don't agree with taking head coaches off the road in the spring like they were talking about in the Road Block section of that article. I mean, if some are too lazy then let their programs suffer for it. Everyone else shouldn't have to adhere to a rule like that. That's just penalizing proactive coaches.

BTW, I got a $20 that says Foolmer voted against it! :lol: Y'all know it was cuttin' into to donut time!

that was a really nice article. since he was hired, i have felt like the program was headed somewhere, not staying stagnant. not to talk about previous coaches, but i did not feel the excitement with them. i feel like the Tide is on a mission now, whether its takes 1 more year, 2 more years or longer. we are finally headed in the correct direction. just sit back and enjoy the ride. :wink:

"Again, there's nothing else out there for me," he said. "I feel an obligation and responsibility to the people here who gave me this opportunity and our fans who have supported us in a very positive way. I'm happy and anxious to stay the course here and try to build the kind of program these people can be proud of."

Made my heart skip a beat. Coach Saban is very passionate about his work, wherever that was for a matter of fact. Something tells me he will call this place home when its all said and done.

Tider27 said:
"Again, there's nothing else out there for me," he said. "I feel an obligation and responsibility to the people here who gave me this opportunity and our fans who have supported us in a very positive way. I'm happy and anxious to stay the course here and try to build the kind of program these people can be proud of."

Made my heart skip a beat. Coach Saban is very passionate about his work, wherever that was for a matter of fact. Something tells me he will call this place home when its all said and done.

I have the same feeling...

Thanks for link Porter.

Well, my jaw didn't hit the floor, but I was shocked to see the following words come out of Saban's mouth ONLY because he's played everything so close to the vest when dealing with the media piranas.

"This is it for me,"

"There are no other horizons for me."

There's one less negative recruiting tactic off the board, not that affected things this year :D

“and Saban wonders if it was because some were simply too lazy to do the legwork.”… It's one of those deals that, 'If I'm not willing to do it, I don't want the other guy to be able to do it,' and that's not right. That doesn't make it right."

I'm not trying to make any comparisons, but this kind of sounds vaguely familiar :D

I'm just kinda curious...maybe somebody can answer this question for me. What motivation did the NCAA have to take coaches off of the recruiting trail during the spring? I mean I really cannot think of anything...unless it was a vote by the coaches and the ones who were not willing to put the effort in voted against it. It just doesn't seem like there was a legit problem with it that called for action against it.

WRT HCs being disallowed on the road in the Spring:
I can only imagine that this was pushed over by those that were getting their tails kicked by the Rock Stars, but packaged as not being true to the spirit recruiting during the Senior year and/or being harmful to the recruits academically. I don't see that hurting us. Coach Steele is still sweeping the land like the a recruiting beast. Plus now the recruits meet our Rock Star where we have great facilities.

WRT Saban staying a while: I see all the pieces in place to make this happen, save one -- us. With the NFL out of the way, there is nothing that Saban can achieve that can not be achieved right here. There is nothing about the way that he works to think that his way will not get it done. We the fan base simple have to change our stripes, be patient, and let it happen. This is not to say that we must be passive. No, we must be as active as we have ever been, only to push with Saban.

The good news is that I think we are finally ready. Its funny. 25 years is generally thought of to be the length of a generation. It has been 26 since the Bear. It would appear that we had to grown a news fan base to come out from under the shadow. It is this dogged loyalty and insistence upon excellence that makes us special.

Sounds like he is finally settling in and catching that Crimson Tide fever. :D His passion and determination seems to be high.

If we can stay the course good things are going to come.

BamaFan615 said:
I'm just kinda curious...maybe somebody can answer this question for me. What motivation did the NCAA have to take coaches off of the recruiting trail during the spring? I mean I really cannot think of anything...unless it was a vote by the coaches and the ones who were not willing to put the effort in voted against it. It just doesn't seem like there was a legit problem with it that called for action against it.

It was an SEC vote, IIRC.

LBS said:
WRT HCs being disallowed on the road in the Spring:
I can only imagine that this was pushed over by those that were getting their tails kicked by the Rock Stars, but packaged as not being true to the spirit recruiting during the Senior year and/or being harmful to the recruits academically. I don't see that hurting us. Coach Steele is still sweeping the land like the a recruiting beast. Plus now the recruits meet our Rock Star where we have great facilities.

WRT Saban staying a while: I see all the pieces in place to make this happen, save one -- us. With the NFL out of the way, there is nothing that Saban can achieve that can not be achieved right here. There is nothing about the way that he works to think that his way will not get it done. We the fan base simple have to change our stripes, be patient, and let it happen. This is not to say that we must be passive. No, we must be as active as we have ever been, only to push with Saban.

The good news is that I think we are finally ready. Its funny. 25 years is generally thought of to be the length of a generation. It has been 26 since the Bear. It would appear that we had to grown a news fan base to come out from under the shadow. It is this dogged loyalty and insistence upon excellence that makes us special.

It's been awhile since this was voted on so my memory is a little vague on the actual numbers. But, if I recall correctly there were 8 coaches that voted last year to keep things as they were in regards to HC's being able to evaluate in the spring and those 8 changed their minds this past vote.

You be the judge as to why.

It'll have a little bit of an effect but given that the '10 class will be players that the staff has been watching for over 2 years it'll balance out in the end.

I see no other way to judge it than this...coaches were sitting back and allowing their phone to ring...now, they have to work.

The article/details of the vote may be available on the SEC official site...but it would take some time to research the details.

TerryP said:
It's been awhile since this was voted on so my memory is a little vague on the actual numbers. But, if I recall correctly there were 8 coaches that voted last year to keep things as they were in regards to HC's being able to evaluate in the spring and those 8 changed their minds this past vote.

You be the judge as to why.

It'll have a little bit of an effect but given that the '10 class will be players that the staff has been watching for over 2 years it'll balance out in the end.

I see no other way to judge it than this...coaches were sitting back and allowing their phone to ring...now, they have to work.

The article/details of the vote may be available on the SEC official site...but it would take some time to research the details.

I thought I remembered when this was first mentioned about it being changed to where HC's were not allowed on the road during spring evals that Saban and Meyer were the only SEC coaches to vote against it. IOW, Saban and Meyer were the only ones wanting to keep doing the spring evals.

SpecThis said:
You can't win the National Title if you can't win your own state.
Agreed. But, at first, We already won the recruiting battle in-state, our first failed subject... and dominating our opponent will be about to arrive soon. :wink:

RTR,

Back
Top Bottom