| FTBL Saban sends message: No position is safe

Yeah, let's go ahead and throw a true frosh QB in there. Let's totally disregard the fact that he has not only limited action in college football but also only one full year in High School ball. Let's throw him in there at the most important time as well, against the likes of SEC teams.

guinness_commercial.jpg

moreno_iv said:
So, would you two like to see a QB change or what? It's hard to tell with the 316 posts you have made about making a QB change. :roll:

Not a QB change but just giving the kid a shot. :D

Outlaw said:
Yeah, let's go ahead and throw a true frosh QB in there. Let's totally disregard the fact that he has not only limited action in college football but also only one full year in High School ball. Let's throw him in there at the most important time as well, against the likes of SEC teams.

guinness_commercial.jpg

Outlaw = win

I agree with my esteemed friend on this one. I would also like to point out that all these fans who think we should play another QB are not at practice and are not all knowing. Do they think that Saban, who we KNOW will bench someone, for some reason holds the QB position sacred and thus wont bench someone?
WRONG!! He is not benching JPW because, like it or not, he is the best QB we have.

Swamptick said:
Outlaw said:

guinness_commercial.jpg

Outlaw = win

I agree with my esteemed friend on this one. I would also like to point out that all these fans who think we should play another QB are not at practice and are not all knowing. Do they think that Saban, who we KNOW will bench someone, for some reason holds the QB position sacred and thus wont bench someone?
WRONG!! He is not benching JPW because, like it or not, he is the best QB we have.

I am not saying he should start or anything but he should be given a shot. When JPW totally screws up, like against Houston, why not give him a shot? Is he going to turn around and throw the ball backwards. No. The kid knows how to play QB. At the least it could give JPW a chance to sit the bench and think about his stupid decision.

rammajamma said:
Maybe we should try Gary Hollingsworth. I heard he is a good QB. :roll:

Does he have any eligibility left? :D

Give JPW a little more time. I agree he isn't performing very well right now, with the ball control issues and his mechanics are off (I mean, how many times can you throw off of your back foot), but I think he has a lot of talent, and just needs to get back into a rhythm, and he can't do that on the bench.

I'll admit I was waaayyy down on JPW last few games, but I really think the majority if the problem is still with the O line.. and when the O line does hold, JPW doesn't have the confidence that it will stay that way for long, and he is making bad decisions becuase of it. its gonna take some time for him to regain confidence in them, but before that happens he has to have a reason to gain confidence in them.

Bones82 said:
I am not saying he should start or anything but he should be given a shot. When JPW totally screws up, like against Houston, why not give him a shot? Is he going to turn around and throw the ball backwards. No. The kid knows how to play QB. At the least it could give JPW a chance to sit the bench and think about his stupid decision.

I've got to address this one like I did your earlier comments, in another thread, about the UGA and FSU game.

15 of 27
157 yards
2 TD's
1 Int.

I suppose you are referring to the Utah shuffle pass that was intercepted as the screw up, right? That play is designed to allow penetration at the point where the receiver will be in open space when tossed the ball. JPW had two options on that play. Take the sack or try to force the ball. He chose the later of the two. The space wasn't open where the receiver was. He did throw the INT, but is it his fault that the receiver wasn't open?

No. The OL, once again, didn't execute the play the way it was designed and it was a traffic jam right there.

Let's take your scenario and play it out as if he would have switched QB's. The interception on the shuffle pass happened with 2:56 left on the game clock with the ball spotted on the Houston 37 yard line. 63 yards to a TD, which they had to have since they were down by 6, right?

OK, in the three touchdown drives Houston had one was less than 20 seconds, the other two with roughly about the same distance were 3:03 and 3:44 in terms of time of possession.

Assuming they struck quickly we'd be looking at less than 2:30 on the clock, down by 1.

Who needs to be the QB there?

You are pointing to a lot of situations where you say JPW has screwed up. Now, out of the last three games you have mentioned we've seen the opponents score 9 times. Only one of those cases resulted in a touchdown and that was because of a JPW fumble (on a sack, 2nd one of that series on a 3rd and long) The example here, an interception (again, where the offensive line lost containment.)

He's had his problems, sure. No one is denying that. You can only, and not realistically, lay the blame at his feet on 1 opponents TD. But, if you are going to continue saying GM needs to be put in and use these examples as reasons to do so, please, I beg of you, let's tell the story as it happened.

I'm about to excercise the order on the 24 hour rule and leave this Houston game alone and start really looking at Ole Miss. But, before I do, let me leave you with one quote.

“Anytime someone runs an offense like [Houston’s], you’re going to have the opportunity to come back in games and you’re never ahead far enough,” Alabama head coach Nick Saban said.

A 23 point lead isn't the time to put an in-experienced QB in behind a line that still isn't up to par. Heck, I should have said up to bogey.

I'm not picking on you or calling you out here Bones, but I don't think you are looking at this whole situation in the right light.

JMO...

Did anyone see the evening news today? Coach was being asked about the way JPW was playing and he blew up at the Press. Telling them that he did not have a problem with the way JPW was playing but they did and that would have an effect on JPW. He also said that if he were to lose just one more game, because they have coach held so high, that they would be calling for his head too.

bamarolls said:
Did anyone see the evening news today? Coach was being asked about the way JPW was playing and he blew up at the Press. Telling them that he did not have a problem with the way JPW was playing but they did and that would have an effect on JPW. He also said that if he were to lose just one more game, because they have coach held so high, that they would be calling for his head too.

Link me! :)

Back
Top Bottom