| FTBL Saban sends message: No position is safe

bamarolls said:
Did anyone see the evening news today? Coach was being asked about the way JPW was playing and he blew up at the Press. Telling them that he did not have a problem with the way JPW was playing but they did and that would have an effect on JPW. He also said that if he were to lose just one more game, because they have coach held so high, that they would be calling for his head too.

Good for him.

TerryP said:
bamarolls said:
Did anyone see the evening news today? Coach was being asked about the way JPW was playing and he blew up at the Press. Telling them that he did not have a problem with the way JPW was playing but they did and that would have an effect on JPW. He also said that if he were to lose just one more game, because they have coach held so high, that they would be calling for his head too.

Good for him.

Yeah, I'm afraid though, that the media isn't the only ones that'd be calling for his head.

It just blows my mind how some folks cannot be content w/ letting CNS do his job. :roll:

It's not like he knows what he is doing, ya know (Facetious tones).

Dammit! I am not saying replace him. All I am saying is I would like to see how Mcelroy plays. Can you not understand that? I, me, myself would like to see it. I know Saban has JPW in there for a reason but I would like to see the other kid get a shot. JPW makes allot of mistakes not just the blatant ones such as fumbles and picks. He overthrows and underthrows receivers way more than he hits them in stride. He sails the ball constantly leaving our receivers to get jacked as they go up for it.

Bones82 said:
Dammit! I am not saying replace him. All I am saying is I would like to see how Mcelroy plays. Can you not understand that? I, me, myself would like to see it. I know Saban has JPW in there for a reason but I would like to see the other kid get a shot. JPW makes allot of mistakes not just the blatant ones such as fumbles and picks. He overthrows and underthrows receivers way more than he hits them in stride. He sails the ball constantly leaving our receivers to get jacked as they go up for it.

It takes 11 to win or lose. As CNS stated all postions are up for grabs. Who knows what or who we'll see this weekend. I'm sure the best players will be starting. Therefore, the best 11 will provide us with a best chance of winning on both sides of the ball.

Optimus said:
Bones82 said:

It takes 11 to win or lose.

Thanks for thinking of me. :D

It Takes Eleven said:
Optimus said:
Bones82 said:

It takes 11 to win or lose.

Thanks for thinking of me. :D

I knew this was coming :lol:

Tider 27 said:
It Takes Eleven for a cheesy joke. :D

Hey! Respect your goofy, worldly elders. By the time I was your age, I had already founded a hobo colony in Harpersville, attempted Hooked on Phonics twice, visited every opium den in Burnt Corn and rassled professionally under the stage name Town Drunk.

A little respect, please.

It Takes Eleven said:
Tider 27 said:
It Takes Eleven for a cheesy joke. :D

Hey! Respect your goofy, worldly elders. By the time I was your age, I had already founded a hobo colony in Harpersville, attempted Hooked on Phonics twice, visited every opium den in Burnt Corn and rassled professionally under the stage name Town Drunk.

A little respect, please.

Well....uh....ummm....yes sir? :lol: :wink:

Tough Love

I like the idea of having no secure positions on the team, I think if a starter thinks he has no competition then they might tend to slack off from time to time. I would like to see the coach pull a player who isn't performing well and replace him with a player who wants to be in the game. I am not saying take all the starters out after one bad play but if they constantly perform bad them try the next guy in the line up. That's the way it is in the real world if you don't get the job done you can be replaced.

Re: Tough Love

BammerHammer said:
I like the idea of having no secure positions on the team, I think if a starter thinks he has no competition then they might tend to slack off from time to time. I would like to see the coach pull a player who isn't performing well and replace him with a player who wants to be in the game. I am not saying take all the starters out after one bad play but if they constantly perform bad them try the next guy in the line up. That's the way it is in the real world if you don't get the job done you can be replaced.

Hmmmm...I can think of one player that comes to mind...

Bones82 said:

Bones, you wanna join me over here in the corner? :D :wink:

Back
Top Bottom