| FTBL Saban Panic Attacks

rammajamma

Verified Member
Ok so I keep having this fear that someone(Fan,Bot,Media ie Finebaum) is going to do something stupid to piss off CNS and we are going to lose the best thing that has happened to us since Gene Stallings. Am I the only one? How do you cope?

By assuming that the habits of the BAMA fan and his compatriots in Crimson are not something unknown. Saban coached in the SEC previously. He could not have escaped knowing the nature of the Crimson beast.

Sabans' persona seems to be definsive, especially of the media but I think he'll take anything from the media with a grain of salt though.

I'm more worried about the the comments and or harrassment of the 'good ole boys'

Don't forget that Nick Saban was the headcoach over LSU. Didn't their president have to apologize to some team because of their fans attacking and shaking a team bus as it entered?

Trust me, while we have our share of idiots, we are nothing compared to LSU's ilk.

AlaphaMale said:
By assuming that the habits of the BAMA fan and his compatriots in Crimson are not something unknown. Saban coached in the SEC previously. He could not have escaped knowing the nature of the Crimson beast.

THAT IS A GREAT PICTURE. What is this post about? I forgot.

Argo said:
Trust me, while we have our share of idiots, we are nothing compared to LSU's ilk.

Ain't that the truth! I lived down in Baton Rouge from '86 -'92 and they were bad then (though very fair weather fans, depending on where they happened to be in the conference standings).

I can only imagine what it is like now that they have a recent NC and finally have beaten Bama a couple times in Tiger Stadium after 31 years of getting losses handed to them there by the Tide. I bet they are really full of themselves these days.

Argo said:
Don't forget that Nick Saban was the headcoach over LSU. Didn't their president have to apologize to some team because of their fans attacking and shaking a team bus as it entered?

IMHO, We are different. We let our coaches do their job and do not request to have 50 golf outings a year with them. Just let your boy coach and recruit instead of having morning breakfasts with Paul Finebaum and Alabama will be fine.

rammajamma said:
Ok so I keep having this fear that someone(Fan,Bot,Media ie Finebaum) is going to do something stupid to piss off CNS and we are going to lose the best thing that has happened to us since Gene Stallings. Am I the only one? How do you cope?

I don't think you're alone. Due to the number of coaches we've been through over the past decade, there is alot of anxiety out here.

Personally (as you've seen, unfortunately), I am hyper-sensitive when it comes to (perceived) criticism of this coaching staff. My fear is that the fan base won't be as patient as they suggest they will be. Most seem to acknowledge that it will take a few years, I just hope they really believe that.

Back
Top Bottom