| FTBL Saban (and Byrne) to take part in NIL Roundtable hosted by Sen. Ted Cruz...

Point these "multiple changes" out for those who aren't following your assertions.
First it was being tired all season.. Then it was not finding coaches that are willing to commit.. Then it was the attitude of our players are a very disheartening lose,.. Next it was greedy players.. Finally, Mrs. Terry wanted both of them out..
When, Saban interviewed with Reese Davis, he should have left it at that.. because a lot of the media heads were saying he was lying, toReece. Now they are pointing it out every time they come on about his changing tactics.. Every time Nick says something now he is lying in the eyes of the media..Like it or not the media can hurt the University..

When, Saban interviewed with Reese Davis, he should have left it at that.. because a lot of the media heads were saying he was lying, Reece. Now they are pointing it out every time they come on about his changing tactics.. Every time Nick says something now he is lying in the eyes of the media..Like it or not the media can hurt the University..
Did Reese ask Saben if Kiffen would be a good fit at Bama? 🙃

Is it a coincidence you mentioning the media heads? Seems to be because some of that group, like you, are not taking things into their correct context.

I don't see these changes.

I've got a delivery from Home Depot ... but, I'm coming back to show you where.

Did Reese ask Saben if Kiffen would be a good fit at Bama? 🙃

Is it a coincidence you mentioning the media heads? Seems to be because some of that group, like you, are not taking things into their correct context.

I don't see these changes.

I wonder if Mrs .Terry knew he was going to bring up that private conversation.. I hope she approved.. if not , at least he has a lot of very nice doghouse options😅

First it was being tired all season.. Then it was not finding coaches that are willing to commit.. Then it was the attitude of our players are a very disheartening lose,.. Next it was greedy players.. Finally, Mrs. Terry wanted both of them out..
When, Saban interviewed with Reese Davis, he should have left it at that.. because a lot of the media heads were saying he was lying, toReece. Now they are pointing it out every time they come on about his changing tactics.. Every time Nick says something now he is lying in the eyes of the media..Like it or not the media can hurt the University..
I don’t see it as “different reasons/excuses”. I see it more as a continuation as to the “why”.

The media and others are taking notes of the multiple changes in his reasoning for retiring.. it’s his credibility he’s destroying not mine

The fact you think he cares just shows you're more invested in this than you're eluding to. No such thing as bad publicity, and he knows this. They salivate for his opinion no matter how wrong or right it may be. The guy knows a thing or two about it and they want to hear it, so who cares how Auburn or Tennessee chump writers take it. if one change is made due to his words or leadership he's made a positive change.

Who gives a fuck?

Terry Saban told the deal and it's clear. The parent(s) don't give a damn about nothing but how much money Little Johnny will receive.

Nick tried the pay and appeasement route starting in 2021 and had some success but in the end, he lost the discipline of so many players.

I bet Miss Terry kind of pissed off some of those parents of current players with her truth statement. Then again, they're in it for the rewards and not so much for the responsibility.

This is more like reparations 101 with a headgear. Getting any changes in an election year not likely to happen.

The greatest to ever do something doesn't decide to retire for a single reason ... or two ... or three. Hell, he's probably still scratching the surface of why he finally retired. And the public will only ever know the few reasons he allows us to know.
In my view, it remains under the same umbrella.

It's quite ironic seeing people talk about how football has changed over the last few years and the disappointment they feel about the sport and yet these same people don't allow that to be a factor here: even though it's been clearly said.

It's funny seeing some in the media critique the decision when they also criticized Saban for leaving Miami: almost literally the same motivating reasons.

In my view, it remains under the same umbrella.

It's quite ironic seeing people talk about how football has changed over the last few years and the disappointment they feel about the sport. And yet, these same people don't allow that to be a factor here: even though it's been clearly said.

It's funny seeing some in the media critique the decision when they also criticized Saban for leaving Miami: almost literally the same motivating reasons.
I really think we are seeing continued manifestations of general Saban-fatigue. It will rub some people the wrong way if he remains visible on ESPN and/or if he is given a leadership role in the future of the sport. I understand it from a fan perspective, even though it's unmerited.

When, Saban interviewed with Reese Davis,

First it was being tired all season..

Here's one example of the reason I use the word "context."

When Saban had his interview with Rece he was asked about his, and his wife's, health. That subject was brought up in conversation here before he announced his retirement. It was lain out here, plain and simple. There's not a health issue with Coach or his wife. If there is a health issue in his family my first instinct is to see how his mother is doing these days. (That's almost a literal quote.)

Saban did go on to mention how last season was a grind: more so than what he's used to dealing with in his position. (Hold on to your shorts here.)

No Shit!

Perhaps grit is the right word. In spite of repeated caution, I saw a lot of fan gritting their teeth: having a hard time handling the grind that was the first four weeks of the '23 season.

The season was grinding on fans. The season was grinding on the head coach.

Saban went on to say found it difficult to, "sustain and do things the way I want to do them, the way I've always done them."

Here's where I find the context lost. He's said, for years, when it comes to a point where he's questioning if he can maintain what he's been doing it's time for him to leave the sport.

What changed?

One thing noticeably absent from these interviews? "I didn't."

What I wouldn't give to just sit back and watch basketball ...

Today's media are the biggest trolls.
There's a recent interview with Wilbon where he discusses how they "create content" in the sports media world. One example he mentioned is how a story will break on a Monday and has ran its natural course within the 24 hour news cycle. But, Friday that's the subject they are leading with: driving discussion is how they like to frame their schtick.

I really think we are seeing continued manifestations of general Saban-fatigue. It will rub some people the wrong way if he remains visible on ESPN and/or if he is given a leadership role in the future of the sport. I understand it from a fan perspective, even though it's unmerited.
It's apples to oranges; but still fruit of a tree.

See Urban Meyer and Fox's Big Noon Kickoff. .

If I’m not mistaken CNS has stated that several factors played into his reason for retirement. I would think after 50 years of coaching one could find more than 1..2..3..4..5..6..7.. etc., etc. etc. reasons for hanging it up.

Back
Top Bottom