| FTBL Rumors on Prince Hall?

He apparently practiced with the team today, but there is a buzz that he might be "sitting" for a few games. Since we don't deal with rumors, until/unless something official comes out that is probably all that needs to be said.

Interesting...I guess it would explain Mclain starting the last scrimmage. As of now this is just rumor though as Porter said.

I've noticed (as many have) that things like this are the rule and not the exception when a major program makes a high-profile regime change.
It's good to remember that Saban is not going to be afraid to hurt feelings.
I don't think he'll be all cavalier about it and spiteful and whatnot, but he (or any coach worth his salt) won't shy from it.
Of course the important thing for the players to remember is this. You worry when Saban doesn't yell at you anymore in practice. That only means 1 of 2 things: you're perfect, or you're beyond hope.
Off the field, you don't want Saban thinking about you at all. Keep your head down, go to class and keep moving. Sleep, eat, study, repeat.

bamaupsman said:
I've noticed (as many have) that things like this are the rule and not the exception when a major program makes a high-profile regime change.
I don't think he'll be all cavalier about it and spiteful and whatnot, but he (or any coach worth his salt) won't shy from it.
Of course the important thing for the players to remember is this. You worry when Saban doesn't yell at you anymore in practice. That only means 1 of 2 things: you're perfect, or you're beyond hope.
Off the field, you don't want Saban thinking about you at all. Keep your head down, go to class and keep moving. Sleep, eat, study, repeat.

Good post. :)

reger60 said:
bamaupsman said:

Good post. :)

Ditto...

And this is where we need to exercise patience with Saban as he builds his team. There will be some who won't/can't get on board and will be cut loose. Not to compare him to Coach Bryant but the similarities to 1958 are eerily similar. That's obviously a good thing.

I just wish these young men would wake up and recognize the opportunity in front of them.

RTR!

Denny Chimes said:
I just wish these young men would wake up and recognize the opportunity in front of them.

I share that same concern and I've given some thought to it. Nothing against the guys currently in the program, but I have to believe as time advances and Saban's own recruits are "brought up" within his philosophical framework, his players will respond with more mature behavior.

Like you said "this is where we need to exercise patience with Saban as he builds his team."

reger60 said:
Denny Chimes said:

I share that same concern and I've given some thought to it. Nothing against the guys currently in the program, but I have to believe as time advances and Saban's own recruits are "brought up" within his philosophical framework, his players will respond with more mature behavior.

Like you said "this is where we need to exercise patience with Saban as he builds his team."

I agree. I think sometimes you need to somehow weed out the kids who don't want to get on board. I hope the Alabama faithful can exercise the patience that Saban has asked for.

That being said...I hope things are ok with Prince Hall. I have a feeling he's going to be a leader on that defense.

Well if Saban feels like Prince does not fulfill his needs than I really don't care if he sits or whatever. I know Saban will put the best players on the field unlike Shula.

Back
Top Bottom