| FTBL RTB Player of the Week

G

Bama Bo's RTB.com Player of the Week

Well, it's that time of year again. Football Saturday has arrived. We had college football games all weekend, and as always there were exiting moments, heartbreaks, and even a boring game or two. But, that is not what this space here is for. This space is to name Bama Bo's RollTideBama.com Player of the Week. (From here on this will be labled as the POW). Those of you that have been around here a while will no that this is not a democratic system. There is no vote amongst the members, admin, mods, or general public. I don't even consult with The Expert who does a wonderful job of imitating his hero Lee Corso on our site by amazingly picking the winners of up coming games. Since he is The Resident College Football Expert, I probably should consult with him, but no, I take on the heavy responsibility of choosing a POW all be my self. One thing to keep in mind. The player I choose may or may not be the MVP of the game. It may be someone that played a minor roll, but played above and beyond his expectations. If you disagree with any of my choices, feel free to bring up the topic on the boards for all to discuss.

Now on to this weeks pick.

Sometimes it is a hard decision to make. Sometimes there are several folks that excelled in some form or fashion and makes it a hard choice. Well this week, even though there were several players that played hard and did a lot of good things, there still was one guy that stood out. This guy made me get an old 80's song in my head, and I haven't been able to get rid of it since Saturday night. It was a song by WHAM!. I think the name of the song was Wake Me up Before you Go Go. But the main thing I remember from the song was back up singers saying "Do the jitterbug!" And that's what this player reminded me of, a jitterbug. Fast, quick, shifty, and can fake someone out of their shorts. So if you haven't figured it out by now, I will tell you who is this weeks POW.

Terry Grant

FCTQQVSGSKEASCH.20070705152912.jpg

With 18 carries for 134 yards, 2 catches for 13 yards, and 3 TD's in this game, to go along with all of the practice reports since Spring Training, Terry grant exemplified P.R.I.D.E..

Personal
Responsibility
In
Daily
Effort

Terry Grant has shown that he is a great Crimson Warrior. And barring injury, we get to watch the guy play football for at least 3 years.

Before I close this off, I will say that Rolando McClain, Simeon Castille, John Parker Wilson, and even Greg McElroy all deserve honorable mention, but at least in my opinion, Terry Grant stood out above all others. So here's to you Titan of the Toss Sweep, Mr Terry Grant your are this weeks RollTideBama.com's Player of the Week.

Back
Top Bottom