| CURRENT EVENTS Roe vs Wade and all that comes with this story. This guy. I am at a loss for words.

This is another false premise. You keep saying "men shouldn't" but disregard there are women who are in both house and senate positions in each state. These are the individuals who'll be making the laws in each state: duly elected, by both men and women. Since this is an Alabama site...you realize that there are more women in the state than men, right? It's the same way in 40 of the 50 states. The biggest variance is found in Alaska: 52% male.

If I understand what you're saying here, it doesn't matter if it's 12 weeks or nine months?

Can you cite the groups that are pushing this agenda? I don't mean citing a report suggesting there are such groups. I specifically mean point us to these groups and where they're stating that's their agenda.

Herein lies your rights, as a man, to exercise your civic duty. Vote for the individuals that believe as you. You firmly believe this way, voice your opinions through your votes.

You're only half right to start this narrative. Mississippi does have the most restrictive on record. LA isn't in the top five.

Mississippi's laws allow abortions up to 16 weeks. Also included in these laws are "triggers" that allow abortions if it threatens the mother's health or is a result of rape.

Here's where you have to be careful with wording. MS and LA are not the two states with the highest population of people of color. They have the highest percentage, yes. Texas, Florida, Georgia, New York, to name four, have higher numbers.

Let's consider this in closing. These people of color you're speaking of, shouldn't they have the right to choose how the abortion laws are written in their states of residence?

It’s not false premise, it’s men on Supreme Court who are overturning R v W, in LA and MS over 90% of the legislators are men, it’s men determining what women can and can’t do with their bodies. Not one of these states put their anti-abortion bills to a vote of the population, just like Florida, Texas, Wyoming, and every other right wing state that have these “trigger” bills & just like LA all of those states have a majority of men in their government.

No, what I’m saying is I’m fine with the cutoff being 12 weeks (if these states need to add antiabortion laws).

I always vote, but if the states don’t put their antiabortion crap up for a vote from the people then voting does no good.

LA’s “trigger” law is going to be the most restrictive when it passes.

Yes, these people should have a right to say how their abortion laws are written, but again none of those states put their antiabortion laws to a vote, they passed them in amongst themselves.

When you pass laws making abortions illegal you’re essentially saying “you must give birth”. They’re saying “you have to carry and give birth”…..not sure what else can be said out of “if you get an abortion it’s a felony” or “you get an abortion you’re getting arrested and have to go to court”

It’s not false premise, it’s men on Supreme Court who are overturning R v W, in LA and MS over 90% of the legislators are men, it’s men determining what women can and can’t do with their bodies. Not one of these states put their anti-abortion bills to a vote of the population, just like Florida, Texas, Wyoming, and every other right wing state that have these “trigger” bills & just like LA all of those states have a majority of men in their government.

No, what I’m saying is I’m fine with the cutoff being 12 weeks (if these states need to add antiabortion laws).

I always vote, but if the states don’t put their antiabortion crap up for a vote from the people then voting does no good.

LA’s “trigger” law is going to be the most restrictive when it passes.

Yes, these people should have a right to say how their abortion laws are written, but again none of those states put their antiabortion laws to a vote, they passed them in amongst themselves.

When you pass laws making abortions illegal you’re essentially saying “you must give birth”. They’re saying “you have to carry and give birth”…..not sure what else can be said out of “if you get an abortion it’s a felony” or “you get an abortion you’re getting arrested and have to go to court”
Your understanding of how a representative democracy functions is fatally flawed. Excellent democrat talking point repeatability but not the least bit grounded in the reality of how our system is supposed to work. Mob rule has never been our way until the blm/antifa summer.
As far as fucking up this discussion…so be it.

Europe is rarely an example for the United States on matters of government, but a decent perspective here.

I saw a clip from Bill Maher's show where Europe, Germany, and a few other countries were brought up in his panel discussion. He mentioned not knowing these countries have stricter laws that those of the US, and also mentioned those laws came from the people's vote.

Another item he pointed out is there are more women in the "pro-life party" than men and it shocked him. I'm still chewing on that one, trying to see how he could have missed on that one.

Well, yeah, it's still a false premise from the beginning.

Let's not forget this is a draft, from one person how happens to be male. Secondly, it's an assumption thinking Sonia Sotomayo won't vote in favor of this being overturned. She's not the only female on the court. Kagan may vote to let it remain as it is; she may not.

We don't know what the ruling will be. Most assuredly, it won't be "all male." Predominantly yes, but also ironically that their ruling would be "this is not a decision that should be left up to me, a male supreme court member, but should be left up to the state where these women live."

In the two states being discussed "over 90% of the legislators are men" isn't true. One is just south of 80% the other at 85%. The majority here are men. I get your point here.
But these men have been voted into office by women who believe as they do. In both states you've mentioned more women have voted than men. It breaks down to where you'll find half of these women voters are child bearing age.

We're left with more women voting than men, for a man to legislate how they want the laws in their own states to read.

I've seen it suggested the cutoff be 22 weeks and that was based upon viability of babies born premature. I found it interesting that the general medical consensus a few years ago was 23 weeks. And just like every medical field we see they're advancing with saving those kids' lives.

Here's where, at least in my opinion, the core issue lies with a vast majority. When?

One thing I didn't like about Alito's draft but it's one of the most important things he wrote. It specifically spells out this ruling does not have precedent over any other ruling. (Yet, we have powerful voices warning how it'll affect other rulings.) That's a good thing, right?

Or, what about the 30 states who'll charge a guy with murder for an unborn child but it's within their law that it is within their cutoff period? You're LEO. That shouldn't be a double homicide would be my view IF I lived in that state.

The medical advances with something as simple as the ultrasound have changed minds from 50 years ago. Those advances led people to want these cutoffs. A majority of those people, women.

...and I'm still struggling to see where people have problems with this.

Problem is that pro-choice people generally would not agree to Europe's laws on it as too restrictive and too many on the other side are just no abortions ever. In the US it is almost abortion up to birth vs no abortion ever. There is little middle ground.
The laws, state to state, generally don't reflect that "no abortion ever."

If that came up for a vote, how many states do you think would go to that extreme?

Are there bills up in any House around the states that's banning it outright?

The laws, state to state, generally don't reflect that "no abortion ever."

If that came up for a vote, how many states do you think would go to that extreme?

Are there bills up in any House around the states that's banning it outright?
It isn't the laws in this case but the arguments that happen between pro and anti people. To admit that an abortion can't happen after a certain time is an admission that it is a person at some point and to admit that abortion can ever happen is to admit life doesn't start at contraception. We have to change that to the real argument that is happening in every other country, when is too late.

States have tried to pass laws outright banning abortion but Roe v Wade was in the way. Eight states never removed their pre-Roe bans and those could start enforcement immediately if it were overturned.

Back
Top Bottom