| FTBL Rich Rod to UM?

laurajmoss said:
I haven't watched the Mountaineers play under Rodriguez, but I take it from the comments I've seen that he knows how to run a spread offense. Wolverine fans seem to be over the moon about the news.

Must say, though, that I'm surprised that their meltdown vs. Pitt didn't hurt his hiring appeal, esp. to a school like Michigan. I mean, they just had to suffer the humiliation of the loss to Appalachian State this year, I wonder why they aren't wary of hiring a coach with a similar tarnish on his record of only a couple of weeks ago?

I thought the same about Les Miles, to be honest. With the obvious lack of discipline shown by players that rack up that many penalties, suffer 2 upsets in the same season, and barely win several more games by a razor-thin margin....why would a big-name school be willing to overlook all that? People can rationalize anything, I guess.

To be fair, Rod has an impressive resume' with his offenses that isn't just limited to WVU. You may recall when Tommy Bowden was at Tulane and they had an undefeated season. RR was the OC there, and was the OC under Bowden at Clemson before moving on to WVU.

I can see why WVU fans are upset today and I'm not even talking about last year and him flirting with Bama. There was a report on Scout today about him calling one of the recruits he'd been looking at for WVU and telling him he was going to Michigan. This was before he even addressed the team...

Back
Top Bottom