| FTBL Rich Rod to UM?

I guess Rich Rod needs another raise? People complain about Petrino running around and interviewing all over, but how is Rich Rod any better? Flying around the country every Decemeber with his hand out. Ridiculous. :roll:

LOL, with all the crap that went on last year he's still shopping? What happened to his wife crying about not leaving ''home''? I guess she's not worried about moving with that extra money from last year. :roll:

Tider 27 said:
West Virginia's Rich Rodriguez meets with Michigan today

Looks like Michigan is giving him a interview. Seriously doubt he goes anywhere, he has it made in the Big East right now. I think Michigan is just "interviewing" until the National Championship is done. Then they'll go after their real candidate...

I about fell out of my chair when ESPN reported this. I guess RR is bucking for a new raise and more facilities at WV. :roll:

I wondered why the Michigan search had quieted down. All we've heard lately is about Arkansas and Duke and Auburn's new OC, but very little about Michigan. I thought maybe they already had their guy, more or Les. :shock:

CrimsonPirate said:
I wondered why the Michigan search had quieted down. All we've heard lately is about Arkansas and Duke and Auburn's new OC, but very little about Michigan. I thought maybe they already had their guy, more or Les. :shock:

They might still have Les in their sights, but are merely waiting for him to finish his season with LSU. It seems like it might hurt recruiting, but we got Saban late in the recruiting game last year and still pulled off a good class.

BarnBurner said:
CrimsonPirate said:

They might still have Les in their sights, but are merely waiting for him to finish his season with LSU. It seems like it might hurt recruiting, but we got Saban late in the recruiting game last year and still pulled off a good class.

Remember, Les did say he would be the head coach at LSU next year. Well after the BCS game, he will have kept his word should he decide to "GO BIG BLUE" after all.

ESPN is reporting Rod is leaving WVU

West Virginia football coach Rich Rodriguez informed his players at a 1:30 p.m. meeting Sunday that he was leaving to become the new coach at Michigan.

Rodriguez met with Michigan athletic director Bill Martin on Friday to talk about the Wolverines' coaching job.

Rodriguez and his agent were in Toledo to talk with Martin and university president Mary Sue Coleman, according to Sporting News Radio, which cited unidentifed sources.

The meeting was confirmed to ESPN's Joe Schad on Friday afternoon by a source close to the situation.

I haven't watched the Mountaineers play under Rodriguez, but I take it from the comments I've seen that he knows how to run a spread offense. Wolverine fans seem to be over the moon about the news.

Must say, though, that I'm surprised that their meltdown vs. Pitt didn't hurt his hiring appeal, esp. to a school like Michigan. I mean, they just had to suffer the humiliation of the loss to Appalachian State this year, I wonder why they aren't wary of hiring a coach with a similar tarnish on his record of only a couple of weeks ago?

I thought the same about Les Miles, to be honest. With the obvious lack of discipline shown by players that rack up that many penalties, suffer 2 upsets in the same season, and barely win several more games by a razor-thin margin....why would a big-name school be willing to overlook all that? People can rationalize anything, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom