| FTBL Reggie Bush

BTbamafan

Just saw on yahoo where Reggie might have his Heisman taken away and USC will probably have their wins taken away when he started...What about scholarships? Why is the NCAA so hard on Bama?

I think you are missing the point of the article.

The NCAA is interviewing people around the case, the article is a teaser for the book about the Heisman.

On a separate note, I've given up (long ago) on trying to define what the NCAA is thinking or is going to do.

You might recall, while we had to forfeit games with the Langham ordeal, you can't forget what the NCAA called "improper benefits" with Jelks.

Add Tank Black to this situation and how the NCAA handled the UF situation...

TerryP said:
I think you are missing the point of the article.

The NCAA is interviewing people around the case, the article is a teaser for the book about the Heisman.

On a separate note, I've given up (long ago) on trying to define what the NCAA is thinking or is going to do.

You might recall, while we had to forfeit games with the Langham ordeal, you can't forget what the NCAA called "improper benefits" with Jelks.

Not to mention as recent as this past summer and Oklahoma. They were not required to forfeit their games from the exact same type situation.
NCAA= money grubbin' scumbags!!

TerryP said:
Terry...

The NCAA handled the 'Tank' Black situation differently from the Antonio Langham situation because UF handled the former differently (read better and more properly and by the rules) than UA handled the latter.

We can get into a long discussion about the underlying facts behind the efforts UF took to uncover and bring the situation to the light of day from the very beginning of their knowledge; and the efforts UA (at least two very critical people in charge - Stallings and Ingram) took to confuse, deny, and cover-up the Langham affair at the very beginning.

Back
Top Bottom