| FTBL How did I miss this??

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Staff
I just watched a little bit of Arizona/Dallas (rarely watch NFL). I saw that Kingsbury is no longer there. He is an analyst at USC. Why did we let him get away? I'm sure it is a situation where he gets to ride the NFL pay gravy train until the contract goes down in value. Why is this guy on the west coast and not in Tuscaloosa. I bet he could help Milroe out quite a bit.

@TerryP I'm sure you will have some obscure reason as to why you don't want a Ryan Goslilng look like alike in Ttown, because he was such liability as DB in "Remember the Titans", but I think he would he would do some good on the offensive side of the ball.

I just watched a little bit of Arizona/Dallas (rarely watch NFL). I saw that Kingsbury is no longer there. He is an analyst at USC. Why did we let him get away? I'm sure it is a situation where he gets to ride the NFL pay gravy train until the contract goes down in value. Why is this guy on the west coast and not in Tuscaloosa. I bet he could help Milroe out quite a bit.

@TerryP I'm sure you will have some obscure reason as to why you don't want a Ryan Goslilng look like alike in Ttown, because he was such liability as DB in "Remember the Titans", but I think he would he would do some good on the offensive side of the ball.
Don't think he was ever even considered. Probably because Saban didn't want an Air Raid guy.

Kingsbury said no to everyone and took a break... Then suddenly he was hired at USC .. I expect him to get OC and HC job somewhere next year.

The game he made a believer out of me was the 2012 A$M game against La Tech which they won 59-57. La Tech would have won by 2 or 3 TDs had he not been on the sideline working with Johnny Manziel while La Tech was crushing their defense. Reminded me of Homer Smith's ability to take a QB under his wing.

If Klingsbury went, it would not surprise me to see Riley go.
Riley has no reason to leave for the NFL at the moment. He's at one of the top programs in the country, has a great recruiting territory, transfer portal, endless resources, and a fanbase that will be forgiving due to the last decade. Honestly, the only thing holding his team back is the defensive play.... they have to figure that out, or get rid of Grinch.

Riley has no reason to leave for the NFL at the moment. He's at one of the top programs in the country, has a great recruiting territory, transfer portal, endless resources, and a fanbase that will be forgiving due to the last decade. Honestly, the only thing holding his team back is the defensive play.... they have to figure that out, or get rid of Grinch.

IMO, a lot can/will change when USC starts to play a Big10 schedule. Long flights to/from games, cold weather games (50 degrees will be cold for them), fan complaints of travel to Big10 cities where Econo-Lodge is their best option and sushi restaurants are limited.

After watching his last season on Hard Knocks, I think he is short in the integrity- leadership department. He’s young, so maybe he’ll mature. It’s the Johnny and Joes more than the X’s and O’s

Maybe it was the fact he went to Thailand! Before anyone could talk to him.

Unless he decides he doesn’t like recruiting.

Back
Top Bottom